Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fadA
Description: 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase (thiolase I)
Alias: ECK3837, JW5578, oldA
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Yang X, Schulz H, Elzinga M, Yang S. Nucleotide sequence of the promoter and fadB gene of the fadBA operon and primary structure of the multifunctional fatty acid oxidation protein from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 1991;30:6788-95 pubmed..of the promoter of the fadBA operon was defined, and the transcription direction of this operon, from fadB to fadA, as previously proposed [Yang, S.-Y., et al. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 10424-10429], was corroborated...
- Yang S, Yang X, Healy Louie G, Schulz H, Elzinga M. Nucleotide sequence of the fadA gene. Primary structure of 3-ketoacyl-coenzyme A thiolase from Escherichia coli and the structural organization of the fadAB operon. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:10424-9 pubmed..and organization revealed that the initiator codon (ATG) of the structural gene for 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase, the fadA gene, is located 109 nucleotides 3' to the stop codon (TGA) of the fadB gene that encodes the alpha-subunit, a ..
- Spratt S, Black P, Ragozzino M, Nunn W. Cloning, mapping, and expression of genes involved in the fatty acid-degradative multienzyme complex of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1984;158:535-42 pubmed..The fadA gene, which encodes the 42,000-dalton protein, has been localized within the original clone to a 3...
- Campbell J, Morgan Kiss R, Cronan J. A new Escherichia coli metabolic competency: growth on fatty acids by a novel anaerobic beta-oxidation pathway. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:793-805 pubmed..We have identified homologues of the FadA, FadB and FadD proteins required for aerobic fatty acid utilization called YfcY, YfcX and YdiD, respectively, which ..
- Han M, Lee J, Lee S, Yoo J. Proteome-level responses of Escherichia coli to long-chain fatty acids and use of fatty acid inducible promoter in protein production. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2008;2008:735101 pubmed publisher..total of 52 proteins showing altered expression levels with oleic acid presence, 9 proteins including AldA, Cdd, FadA, FadB, FadL, MalE, RbsB, Udp, and YccU were newly synthesized...
- Nakahigashi K, Inokuchi H. Nucleotide sequence of the fadA and fadB genes from Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:4937 pubmed
- Iram S, Cronan J. The beta-oxidation systems of Escherichia coli and Salmonella enterica are not functionally equivalent. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:599-608 pubmed..Exchange of homologous genes between the two organisms showed that the S. enterica FadE and FadBA enzymes were responsible for the greater efficiency of beta-oxidation relative to that of E. coli. ..