Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fabD
Description: malonyl-CoA-[acyl-carrier-protein] transacylase
Alias: ECK1078, JW1078, tfpA
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Podkovyrov S, Larson T. Lipid biosynthetic genes and a ribosomal protein gene are cotranscribed. FEBS Lett. 1995;368:429-31 pubmed..plsX gene encoding a protein involved in membrane lipid synthesis and several fatty acid biosynthetic genes (fabH, fabD and fabG) are cotranscribed...
- Joshi V, Wakil S. Studies on the mechanism of fatty acid synthesis. XXVI. Purification and properties of malonyl-coenzyme A--acyl carrier protein transacylase of Escherichia coli. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1971;143:493-505 pubmed
- Ruch F, Vagelos P. Characterization of a malonyl-enzyme intermediate and identification of the malonyl binding site in malonyl coenzyme A-acyl carrier protein transacylase of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1973;248:8095-106 pubmed
- Garwin J, Klages A, Cronan J. Structural, enzymatic, and genetic studies of beta-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein synthases I and II of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1980;255:11949-56 pubmed..fabF mutants of E. coli lack synthase II. The fabF locus was mapped at min 24.5 of the E. coli genetic map and the clockwise map order was found to be pyrC, fabD, fabF, purB.
- Podkovyrov S, Larson T. Identification of promoter and stringent regulation of transcription of the fabH, fabD and fabG genes encoding fatty acid biosynthetic enzymes of Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:1747-52 pubmed..By using primer extension analysis we identified the fabH promoter responsible for transcription of the fabH, fabD and fabG genes encoding fatty acid biosynthetic enzymes...
- Ruch F, Vagelos P. The isolation and general properties of Escherichia coli malonyl coenzyme A-acyl carrier protein transacylase. J Biol Chem. 1973;248:8086-94 pubmed
- White S, Zheng J, Zhang Y, Rock -. The structural biology of type II fatty acid biosynthesis. Annu Rev Biochem. 2005;74:791-831 pubmed..These structures are also a valuable resource to guide antibacterial drug discovery. ..
- Rawlings M, Cronan J. The gene encoding Escherichia coli acyl carrier protein lies within a cluster of fatty acid biosynthetic genes. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:5751-4 pubmed..The ACP gene (called acpP) was located on the genetic map between fabF and fabD which encode two fatty acid biosynthetic enzymes, 3-ketoacyl-ACP synthase II and malonyl CoA-ACP transacylase, ..
- Magnuson K, Oh W, Larson T, Cronan J. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of the fabD gene encoding malonyl coenzyme A-acyl carrier protein transacylase of Escherichia coli. FEBS Lett. 1992;299:262-6 pubmed..Overexpression of this enzyme alters the fatty acid composition of a wild-type E. coli strain; increased amounts of cis-vaccenate are incorporated into the membrane phospholipids. ..