Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: efeB
Description: deferrrochelatase, periplasmic
Alias: ECK1009, JW1004, ycdB
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Kang Y, Weber K, Qiu Y, Kiley P, Blattner F. Genome-wide expression analysis indicates that FNR of Escherichia coli K-12 regulates a large number of genes of unknown function. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1135-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that E. coli MG1655 has a larger metabolic potential under anaerobic conditions than has been previously recognized...
- Ren D, Bedzyk L, Ye R, Thomas S, Wood T. Stationary-phase quorum-sensing signals affect autoinducer-2 and gene expression in Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:2038-43 pubmed..coli K-12 AI-2 concentrations by 4.8-fold +/- 0.4-fold, suggesting that an additional quorum-sensing system in E. coli exists and that gene expression is controlled as a network with different signals working at different growth stages. ..
- McConville M, Charles H. Mutants of Escherichia coli K12 permeable to haemin. J Gen Microbiol. 1979;113:165-8 pubmed..Indirect evidence is presented that the mutants were permeable to haemin. The mutants showed other phenotypic changes, and resembled some mutants which are known to have changes in the cell envelope. ..
- Wang L, Li J, March J, Valdes J, Bentley W. luxS-dependent gene regulation in Escherichia coli K-12 revealed by genomic expression profiling. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:8350-60 pubmed..These data are consistent with the function of LuxS as an important metabolic enzyme but appear not to support the role of AI-2 as a true signal molecule for E. coli W3110 under the investigated conditions. ..
- Sturm A, Schierhorn A, Lindenstrauss U, Lilie H, Brüser T. YcdB from Escherichia coli reveals a novel class of Tat-dependently translocated hemoproteins. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13972-8 pubmed..in the reasons for the Tat dependence of novel Tat substrates and focused on two uncharacterized proteins, YcdO and YcdB. Both proteins contain predicted Tat signal sequences...
- Cartron M, Mitchell S, Woodhall M, Andrews S, Watson K. Preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of YcdB from Escherichia coli: a novel haem-containing and Tat-secreted periplasmic protein with a potential role in iron transport. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2007;63:37-41 pubmedb>YcdB is a periplasmic haem-containing protein from Escherichia coli that has a potential role in iron transport. It is currently the only reported haem-containing Tat-secreted substrate...
- Prüss B, Campbell J, Van Dyk T, Zhu C, Kogan Y, Matsumura P. FlhD/FlhC is a regulator of anaerobic respiration and the Entner-Doudoroff pathway through induction of the methyl-accepting chemotaxis protein Aer. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:534-43 pubmed..Growth phenotypes of flhD and flhC mutants were determined with Phenotype MicroArrays and correlated with gene expression. ..
- Weber A, Jung K. Profiling early osmostress-dependent gene expression in Escherichia coli using DNA macroarrays. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5502-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis of several selected genes differing in their relative expression values confirmed the results obtained by the array technology. ..