Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ECs4491
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Escherichia coli O157:H7 str. Sakai
- Starkova Z, Thomas P, Starka J. Morphological mutants of Escherichia coli: nature of the permeability barrier in mon and envC cells. Ann Microbiol (Paris). 1978;129:265-84 pubmed..The mutant envC is sensitive to actinomycin D and to rifampicin, is lysed by lysozyme in the absence of EDTA, and releases alkaline phosphatase in the absence of osomotic shock, indicating a gross perturbation of its outer membrane. ..
- Hara H, Narita S, Karibian D, Park J, Yamamoto Y, Nishimura Y. Identification and characterization of the Escherichia coli envC gene encoding a periplasmic coiled-coil protein with putative peptidase activity. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;212:229-36 pubmed..Disruption of the chromosomal envC caused the same defects as the envC point mutation, indicating the gene is dispensable for growth but important for normal septation/separation and cell envelope integrity...
- Starka J, Di Savino D, Michel G, Rodolakis A, Thomas P. Phenotypic expression of an envC-division mutant of Escherichia coli K12. Ann Microbiol (Paris). 1974;125 B:227-32 pubmed
- Seiffer D, Klein J, Plapp R. EnvC, a new lipoprotein of the cytoplasmic membrane of Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1993;107:175-8 pubmed..This protein was not labelled with [3H]glycerol. The results demonstrate that the envC gene product represents a new lipoprotein of the cytoplasmic membrane of E. coli. ..
- Ichimura T, Yamazoe M, Maeda M, Wada C, Hiraga S. Proteolytic activity of YibP protein in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:2595-602 pubmed..Results suggest that the coiled-coil regions and the C-terminal globular domain of YibP are localized in the cytoplasmic space, not in the periplasmic space. Purified YibP has a protease activity that split the substrate beta-casein...
- Michel G, Starka J. Origin and fate of the lysophosphatidylethanolamine in a chain-forming mutant (envC) of Escherichia coli. J Gen Microbiol. 1984;130:1391-8 pubmed..These results indicate the existence of a deacylation-reacylation cycle in E. coli and show that this cycle is perturbed in envC cells, especially at the lysophospholipase step. ..