Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dmsB
Description: dimethyl sulfoxide reductase, anaerobic, subunit B
Alias: ECK0886, JW0878
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Trieber C, Rothery R, Weiner J. Multiple pathways of electron transfer in dimethyl sulfoxide reductase of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:7103-9 pubmed..were unable to support quinol oxidation although electron transfer from the quinol pool to the [Fe-S] centers in DmsB was normal...
- Stanley N, Sargent F, Buchanan G, Shi J, Stewart V, Palmer T, et al. Behaviour of topological marker proteins targeted to the Tat protein transport pathway. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1005-21 pubmed..They also suggest that caution should be observed when using subcellular reporter fusions to determine the topological organization of Tat-dependent membrane protein complexes. ..
- Bogachev A, Murtazina R, Skulachev V. H+/e- stoichiometry for NADH dehydrogenase I and dimethyl sulfoxide reductase in anaerobically grown Escherichia coli cells. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:6233-7 pubmed..These data suggest that (i) the H+/e- stoichiometry for E. coli NDH-I is at least 1.5 and (ii) the DMSO reductase does not generate a proton motive force. ..
- George G, Doonan C, Rothery R, Boroumand N, Weiner J. X-ray absorption spectroscopic characterization of the molybdenum site of Escherichia coli dimethyl sulfoxide reductase. Inorg Chem. 2007;46:2-4 pubmed..Furthermore, our results suggest that the form found in vivo is the monooxobis(molybdopterin) species. ..
- Sambasivarao D, Scraba D, Trieber C, Weiner J. Organization of dimethyl sulfoxide reductase in the plasma membrane of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:5938-48 pubmed..electron microscopy of everted membrane vesicles and thin sections by using antibodies to the DmsABC, DmsA, DmsB subunits resulted in specific labeling of the cytoplasmic surface of the inner membrane...
- Lubitz S, Weiner J. The Escherichia coli ynfEFGHI operon encodes polypeptides which are paralogues of dimethyl sulfoxide reductase (DmsABC). Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;418:205-16 pubmed..ynfE and ynfF are paralogues of dmsA. ynfG and ynfH are paralogues of dmsB and dmsC, respectively. YnfI (dmsD) has no dms paralogue...
- Jack R, Dubini A, Palmer T, Sargent F. Common principles in the biosynthesis of diverse enzymes. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:105-7 pubmed
- Rothery R, Weiner J. Alteration of the iron-sulfur cluster composition of Escherichia coli dimethyl sulfoxide reductase by site-directed mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 1991;30:8296-305 pubmed..The electron-transfer subunit (DmsB) of this enzyme contains 16 Cys residues arranged in 4 groups (I-IV) which provide ligands to 4 [4Fe-4S] clusters [..
- Rothery R, Grant J, Johnson J, Rajagopalan K, Weiner J. Association of molybdopterin guanine dinucleotide with Escherichia coli dimethyl sulfoxide reductase: effect of tungstate and a mob mutation. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:2057-63 pubmed..These data support a model for Mo-MGD biosynthesis and assembly into DmsABC in which both metal chelation and nucleotide addition to MPT precede cofactor insertion. ..
- Tang H, Rothery R, Voss J, Weiner J. Correct assembly of iron-sulfur cluster FS0 into Escherichia coli dimethyl sulfoxide reductase (DmsABC) is a prerequisite for molybdenum cofactor insertion. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15147-54 pubmed publisher..We then combined this change with a DmsA(R61K) mutation and demonstrated that this additional change partially rescued Mo-bisPGD insertion. ..