Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: djlA
Description: membrane-anchored DnaK co-chaperone, DNA-binding protein
Alias: ECK0056, JW0054, yabH
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Toutain C, Clarke D, Leeds J, Kuhn J, Beckwith J, Holland I, et al. The transmembrane domain of the DnaJ-like protein DjlA is a dimerisation domain. Mol Genet Genomics. 2003;268:761-70 pubmedb>DjlA is a bitopic inner membrane protein, which belongs to the DnaJ co-chaperone family in Escherichia coli...
- Gur E, Biran D, Shechter N, Genevaux P, Georgopoulos C, Ron E. The Escherichia coli DjlA and CbpA proteins can substitute for DnaJ in DnaK-mediated protein disaggregation. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:7236-42 pubmed..Two other E. coli proteins, CbpA and DjlA, which exhibit homology with DnaJ, are known to interact with DnaK and to stimulate its chaperone activity...
- Qiu X, Shao Y, Miao S, Wang L. The diversity of the DnaJ/Hsp40 family, the crucial partners for Hsp70 chaperones. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:2560-70 pubmed..This review highlights the progress in studying the domains in DnaJ/Hsp40 proteins, introduces the mechanisms by which they interact with Hsp70s, and stresses their functional diversity. ..
- Genevaux P, Georgopoulos C, Kelley W. The Hsp70 chaperone machines of Escherichia coli: a paradigm for the repartition of chaperone functions. Mol Microbiol. 2007;66:840-57 pubmed..In particular, recent advances in structure determination have led to significant insights of the underlying complexities and functional elegance of the Hsp70 chaperone machine. ..
- Clarke D, Holland I, Jacq A. Point mutations in the transmembrane domain of DjlA, a membrane-linked DnaJ-like protein, abolish its function in promoting colanic acid production via the Rcs signal transduction pathway. Mol Microbiol. 1997;25:933-44 pubmed..We propose that these mutations are affecting specific interactions between the TMD of DjIA and its substrate protein(s), for example RcsC, the membrane sensor kinase partner of the Rcs/B signal transduction pathway. ..
- Genevaux P, Wawrzynow A, Zylicz M, Georgopoulos C, Kelley W. DjlA is a third DnaK co-chaperone of Escherichia coli, and DjlA-mediated induction of colanic acid capsule requires DjlA-DnaK interaction. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:7906-12 pubmedb>DjlA is a 30-kDa type III membrane protein of Escherichia coli with the majority, including an extreme C-terminal putative J-domain, oriented toward the cytoplasm...
- Shiba Y, Matsumoto K, Hara H. DjlA negatively regulates the Rcs signal transduction system in Escherichia coli. Genes Genet Syst. 2006;81:51-6 pubmed..of Escherichia coli regulating capsular polysaccharide synthesis (cps) genes is activated by overexpression of the djlA gene encoding a cytoplasmic membrane-anchored DnaJ-like protein...