Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dgt
Description: deoxyguanosine triphosphate triphosphohydrolase
Alias: ECK0159, JW0156, optA
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Nakai H, Richardson C. The gene 1.2 protein of bacteriophage T7 interacts with the Escherichia coli dGTP triphosphohydrolase to form a GTP-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:4411-9 pubmed..dGTP is most effective in preventing the association of the enzyme with the inhibitor whereas GTP is most effective in preventing the dissociation of the enzyme-inhibitor complex. ..
- Quirk S, Seto D, Bhatnagar S, Gauss P, Gold L, Bessman M. Location and molecular cloning of the structural gene for the deoxyguanosine triphosphate triphosphohydrolase of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1989;3:1391-5 pubmedThe structural gene for deoxyguanosine triphosphate triphosphohydrolase (dGTPase) (EC 22.214.171.124) and its regulator, optA, have been located on a lambda phage carrying a 17.5kb Escherichia coli DNA insert...
- Kim Y, Lew C, Gralla J. Escherichia coli pfs transcription: regulation and proposed roles in autoinducer-2 synthesis and purine excretion. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:7457-63 pubmed..The negative element is contained within the overlapping dgt promoter, which is involved in purine metabolism...
- Itsko M, Schaaper R. The dgt gene of Escherichia coli facilitates thymine utilization in thymine-requiring strains. Mol Microbiol. 2011;81:1221-32 pubmed publisherThe Escherichia coli dGTP triphosphohydrolase (dGTPase) encoded by the dgt gene catalyses the hydrolysis of dGTP to deoxyguanosine and triphosphate...
- Singh D, Gawel D, Itsko M, Hochkoeppler A, Krahn J, London R, et al. Structure of Escherichia coli dGTP triphosphohydrolase: a hexameric enzyme with DNA effector molecules. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:10418-29 pubmed publisherThe Escherichia coli dgt gene encodes a dGTP triphosphohydrolase whose detailed role still remains to be determined...