Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cysM
Description: cysteine synthase B (O-acetylserine sulfhydrolase B)
Alias: ECK2416, JW2414
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Hryniewicz M, Sirko A, Pałucha A, Bock A, Hulanicka D. Sulfate and thiosulfate transport in Escherichia coli K-12: identification of a gene encoding a novel protein involved in thiosulfate binding. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:3358-66 pubmed..Preliminary sequence data from the corresponding region of the Salmonella typhimurium chromosome showed strictly homologous counterparts of the E. coli cysP and cysT genes. ..
- Brun Y, Breton R, Lanouette P, Lapointe J. Precise mapping and comparison of two evolutionarily related regions of the Escherichia coli K-12 chromosome. Evolution of valU and lysT from an ancestral tRNA operon. J Mol Biol. 1990;214:825-43 pubmed..4 kb-ptsH greater than -0.05 kb-pstI greater than -0.05 kb-crr greater than -cysM-cysA in the clockwise order (greater than and less than indicate the direction of transcription; kb, 10(3) bases)...
- Maier T. Semisynthetic production of unnatural L-alpha-amino acids by metabolic engineering of the cysteine-biosynthetic pathway. Nat Biotechnol. 2003;21:422-7 pubmed..O-acetyl-L-serine extruded from the cells by way of the O-acetylserine efflux protein was amenable to further biotransformations. ..
- Zocher G, Wiesand U, Schulz G. High resolution structure and catalysis of O-acetylserine sulfhydrylase isozyme B from Escherichia coli. FEBS J. 2007;274:5382-9 pubmedThe crystal structure of the dimeric O-acetylserine sulfhydrylase isozyme B from Escherichia coli (CysM), complexed with the substrate analog citrate, has been determined at 1.33 A resolution by X-ray diffraction analysis...
- Flint D, Tuminello J, Miller T. Studies on the synthesis of the Fe-S cluster of dihydroxy-acid dehydratase in escherichia coli crude extract. Isolation of O-acetylserine sulfhydrylases A and B and beta-cystathionase based on their ability to mobilize sulfur from cysteine and to par. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:16053-67 pubmed
- Zhao C, Kumada Y, Imanaka H, Imamura K, Nakanishi K. Cloning, overexpression, purification, and characterization of O-acetylserine sulfhydrylase-B from Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2006;47:607-13 pubmed..The cysM gene encoding OASS-B was cloned and the enzyme was overexpressed in E. coli using pUC19 with a lacUV5 promoter...
- Fuentes D, Fuentes E, Castro M, Perez J, Araya M, Chasteen T, et al. Cysteine metabolism-related genes and bacterial resistance to potassium tellurite. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:8953-60 pubmed..Results showed that cell tolerance to tellurite correlates with the expression level of the cysteine metabolic genes and that these genes are up-regulated when tellurite is present in the growth medium...