Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cysH
Description: phosphoadenosine phosphosulfate reductase; PAPS reductase, thioredoxin dependent
Alias: ECK2757, JW2732
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Lillig C, Potamitou A, Schwenn J, Vlamis Gardikas A, Holmgren A. Redox regulation of 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate reductase from Escherichia coli by glutathione and glutaredoxins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22325-30 pubmed..However, it was absent in better growing cells expressing monothiol Grx2 C12S or wild type Grx2. Reversible glutathionylation may thus regulate the activity of PAPS reductase in vivo. ..
- Krone F, Westphal G, Schwenn J. Characterisation of the gene cysH and of its product phospho-adenylylsulphate reductase from Escherichia coli. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;225:314-9 pubmedThe nucleotide sequence of the gene cysH from Escherichia coli K12 was determined...
- Tei H, Murata K, Kimura A. Molecular cloning of the cys genes (cysC, cysD, cysH, cysI, cysJ, and cysG) responsible for cysteine biosynthesis in Escherichia coli K-12. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 1990;12:212-6 pubmed..The following results were obtained. First, the cysCDHIJ regulon could be separated into cysCD and cysHIJ regions. Second, the cysG gene was quite different from the cysI and cysJ genes. ..
- De Cicco M, Macor F, Robieux I, Zanette G, Fantin D, Fabiani F, et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic effects of high-dose continuous intravenous verapamil infusion: clinical experience in the intensive care unit. Crit Care Med. 1999;27:332-9 pubmed..In the absence of heart disease, following a step by step increase of the dosage, the high plasma verapamil concentrations (617 to 2970 ng/mL) produce frequent but well tolerated hemodynamic and electrocardiogram changes. ..
- Rossi E, Motta S, Mauri P, Landini P. Sulfate assimilation pathway intermediate phosphoadenosine 59-phosphosulfate acts as a signal molecule affecting production of curli fibres in Escherichia coli. Microbiology. 2014;160:1832-44 pubmed publisher..In this work, we show that inactivation of the cysH gene, leading to accumulation of phosphoadenosine 59-phosphosulfate (PAPS), also an intermediate of the sulfate ..