Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cysA
Description: sulfate/thiosulfate transporter subunit
Alias: ECK2417, JW2415
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Hryniewicz M, Sirko A, Pałucha A, Bock A, Hulanicka D. Sulfate and thiosulfate transport in Escherichia coli K-12: identification of a gene encoding a novel protein involved in thiosulfate binding. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:3358-66 pubmed..Preliminary sequence data from the corresponding region of the Salmonella typhimurium chromosome showed strictly homologous counterparts of the E. coli cysP and cysT genes. ..
- Akiyama Y, Shirai Y, Ito K. Involvement of FtsH in protein assembly into and through the membrane. II. Dominant mutations affecting FtsH functions. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:5225-9 pubmed..It was suggested that the amino-terminal membrane region of FtsH interacts with other component(s), and that the two putative ATP binding sites are of vital importance for the FtsH functions. ..
- Rosen B, Liu Z. Transport pathways for arsenic and selenium: a minireview. Environ Int. 2009;35:512-5 pubmed publisher..In this review we discuss the membrane proteins that transport arsenic and selenium into cells, from bacteria to humans, as well as some of the efflux proteins involved in detoxification. ..
- Saffen D, Presper K, Doering T, Roseman S. Sugar transport by the bacterial phosphotransferase system. Molecular cloning and structural analysis of the Escherichia coli ptsH, ptsI, and crr genes. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:16241-53 pubmedSpecialized lambda-transducing phages that carry the Escherichia coli genes ptsH, ptsI, crr, cysM, and cysA have been isolated, and the genes were subcloned in plasmid pBR322...
- Springer S, Huber R. Sulfate and selenate uptake and transport in wild and in two selenate-tolerant strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1973;156:595-603 pubmed