Gene Symbol: cynT
Description: carbonic anhydrase
Alias: ECK0336, JW0330
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Lamblin A, Fuchs J. Functional analysis of the Escherichia coli K-12 cyn operon transcriptional regulation. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6613-22 pubmed..CynR binding was not affected by cyanate or its structural homolog azide, a gratuitous inducer of the operon. However, CynR-induced bending of two different DNA fragments was detected. The amount of bending was decreased by cyanate. ..
- Kozliak E, Guilloton M, Gerami Nejad M, Fuchs J, Anderson P. Expression of proteins encoded by the Escherichia coli cyn operon: carbon dioxide-enhanced degradation of carbonic anhydrase. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:5711-7 pubmed..The cynS gene encoding cyanase, together with the cynT gene for carbonic anhydrase, is part of the cyn operon, the expression of which is induced in Escherichia coli by ..
- Kozliak E, Guilloton M, Fuchs J, Anderson P. Bacterial carbonic anhydrases. EXS. 2000;:547-65 pubmed
- Tripp B, Smith K, Ferry J. Carbonic anhydrase: new insights for an ancient enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48615-8 pubmed
- Sung Y, Anderson P, Fuchs J. Characterization of high-level expression and sequencing of the Escherichia coli K-12 cynS gene encoding cyanase. J Bacteriol. 1987;169:5224-30 pubmed..The cynS gene was located next to the lac operon, and the direction of cynS transcription was opposite that of lac. ..
- Merlin C, Masters M, McAteer S, Coulson A. Why is carbonic anhydrase essential to Escherichia coli?. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:6415-24 pubmed..b>CynT, the single E...