Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cspC
Description: stress protein, member of the CspA-family
Alias: ECK1821, JW1812, msmB
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Shenhar Y, Rasouly A, Biran D, Ron E. Adaptation of Escherichi coli to elevated temperatures involves a change in stability of heat shock gene transcripts. Environ Microbiol. 2009;11:2989-97 pubmed publisher..show that the modulation of stability of mRNAs of heat shock genes is maintained by the cold shock protein C - CspC - previously shown to affect transcript stability of specific genes...
- Cohen Or I, Shenhar Y, Biran D, Ron E. CspC regulates rpoS transcript levels and complements hfq deletions. Res Microbiol. 2010;161:694-700 pubmed publisher..The rpoS mRNA is also a substrate of the cold shock protein C (CspC) which stabilizes the transcripts...
- Yamanaka K, Mitani T, Ogura T, Niki H, Hiraga S. Cloning, sequencing, and characterization of multicopy suppressors of a mukB mutation in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1994;13:301-12 pubmed..To identify proteins interacting with the MukB protein, we isolated three multicopy suppressors (msmA, msmB, and msmC) to the temperature-sensitive colony formation of the mukB106 mutation...
- Katz C, Rasouly A, Gur E, Shenhar Y, Biran D, Ron E. Temperature-dependent proteolysis as a control element in Escherichia coli metabolism. Res Microbiol. 2009;160:684-6 pubmed publisher..One important mechanism involves temperature-dependent proteolysis, which constitutes a fast response to temperature shift-ups. Here we discuss the effect of proteolysis on protein synthesis, and the heat shock response. ..
- Reid G, Shang H, Hogan J, Lee G, McLuckey S. Gas-phase concentration, purification, and identification of whole proteins from complex mixtures. J Am Chem Soc. 2002;124:7353-62 pubmed..The identification of these proteins illustrates the potential of this "top-down" protein identification approach to reduce the reliance on condensed-phase chemistries and extensive separations for complex protein mixture analysis...
- Dai Y, Li L, Roser D, Long S. Detection and identification of low-mass peptides and proteins from solvent suspensions of Escherichia coli by high performance liquid chromatography fractionation and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 1999;13:73-8 pubmed..coli. The methodologies reported here should be very useful in searching for unique biomarkers for bacterial discrimination. ..
- Phadtare S, Tadigotla V, Shin W, Sengupta A, Severinov K. Analysis of Escherichia coli global gene expression profiles in response to overexpression and deletion of CspC and CspE. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:2521-7 pubmedThe Escherichia coli cold shock protein CspA family consists of nine proteins (CspA to CspI), of which two, CspE and CspC, are constitutively produced at 37 degrees C and are involved in regulation of expression of genes encoding stress ..
- El Sharoud W, Graumann P. Cold shock proteins aid coupling of transcription and translation in bacteria. Sci Prog. 2007;90:15-27 pubmed..Members of both protein families have recently been shown to interact, suggesting that a two-step process achieves the coupling process, removal of secondary mRNA structures through CSHs and prevention of reformation through CSPs. ..