Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cspB
Description: Qin prophage; cold shock protein
Alias: ECK1551, JW1549
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- El Sharoud W, Graumann P. Cold shock proteins aid coupling of transcription and translation in bacteria. Sci Prog. 2007;90:15-27 pubmed..Members of both protein families have recently been shown to interact, suggesting that a two-step process achieves the coupling process, removal of secondary mRNA structures through CSHs and prevention of reformation through CSPs. ..
- Pai E. Familiar jaws with new twists. Nat Struct Biol. 1996;3:307-9 pubmed
- Fang L, Hou Y, Inouye M. Role of the cold-box region in the 5' untranslated region of the cspA mRNA in its transient expression at low temperature in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:90-5 pubmedUpon temperature downshift, a group of proteins called cold shock proteins, such as CspA, CspB, and CsdA, are transiently induced in Escherichia coli...
- Trun N, Johnston D. Folding chromosomes in bacteria: examining the role of Csp proteins and other small nucleic acid-binding proteins. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2003;55:173-201 pubmed
- Polissi A, De Laurentis W, Zangrossi S, Briani F, Longhi V, Pesole G, et al. Changes in Escherichia coli transcriptome during acclimatization at low temperature. Res Microbiol. 2003;154:573-80 pubmed..Interestingly, we found that PNPase both negatively and positively modulated the transcript abundance of some of these genes, thus suggesting a complex role of PNPase in controlling cold adaptation. ..
- Phadtare S, Zhu L, Uemori T, Mukai H, Kato I, Inouye M. Applications of nucleic acid chaperone activity of CspA and its homologues. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;17:110-7 pubmed publisher..The low substrate specificity of Csps together with their compatibility with various enzymes and their stability and activity over a broad temperature range makes them ideal candidates to be used for a variety of processes. ..