Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: creB
Description: response regulator in two-component regulatory system with CreC
Alias: ECK4390, JW4361, ORF2, yjjE
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Parkinson J. Signal transduction schemes of bacteria. Cell. 1993;73:857-71 pubmed
- Hirakawa H, Nishino K, Yamada J, Hirata T, Yamaguchi A. Beta-lactam resistance modulated by the overexpression of response regulators of two-component signal transduction systems in Escherichia coli. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003;52:576-82 pubmed..Thirteen response regulators out of 32 genes, namely baeR, cheY, cpxR, creB, evgA, fimZ, narL, ompR, rcsB, rstA, yedW, yehT and dcuR, conferred increased beta-lactam resistance...
- Cariss S, Tayler A, Avison M. Defining the growth conditions and promoter-proximal DNA sequences required for activation of gene expression by CreBC in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:3930-9 pubmed publisher..It also is activated during aerobic growth when fermentation products are being used as carbon sources. CreB and CreC are essential for the activation of cre regulon gene expression, but CreA and CreD, encoded as part of the ..
- Gao R, Tao Y, Stock A. System-level mapping of Escherichia coli response regulator dimerization with FRET hybrids. Mol Microbiol. 2008;69:1358-72 pubmed publisher..Weak hetero-pair interactions were also identified between several different RRs, suggesting potential cross-regulation between distinct pathways. ..
- Nikel P, Zhu J, San K, Méndez B, Bennett G. Metabolic flux analysis of Escherichia coli creB and arcA mutants reveals shared control of carbon catabolism under microaerobic growth conditions. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:5538-48 pubmed publisher..Strains carrying the creB deletion showed a higher biomass yield on glucose compared to the wild-type strain and its DeltaarcA derivative, ..
- Nanchen A, Schicker A, Revelles O, Sauer U. Cyclic AMP-dependent catabolite repression is the dominant control mechanism of metabolic fluxes under glucose limitation in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:2323-30 pubmed publisher..of Escherichia coli mutants, we elucidated the relevance of global transcriptional regulation by ArcA, ArcB, Cra, CreB, CreC, Crp, Cya, Fnr, Hns, Mlc, OmpR, and UspA on aerobic glucose catabolism in glucose-limited chemostat cultures ..