Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: copA
Description: copper transporter
Alias: ECK0478, JW0473, ybaR
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- White C, Lee J, Kambe T, Fritsche K, Petris M. A role for the ATP7A copper-transporting ATPase in macrophage bactericidal activity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33949-56 pubmed publisher..Significantly, a copper-sensitive mutant of Escherichia coli lacking the CopA copper-transporting ATPase was hypersensitive to killing by RAW264...
- Outten F, Huffman D, Hale J, O Halloran T. The independent cue and cus systems confer copper tolerance during aerobic and anaerobic growth in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30670-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the cue pathway, which includes a copper exporter, CopA, and a periplasmic oxidase, CueO, is the primary aerobic system for copper tolerance...
- Stoyanov J, Magnani D, Solioz M. Measurement of cytoplasmic copper, silver, and gold with a lux biosensor shows copper and silver, but not gold, efflux by the CopA ATPase of Escherichia coli. FEBS Lett. 2003;546:391-4 pubmed..a luminescent biosensor based of the Vibrio fischeri lux gene cluster under the control of the Escherichia coli copA promoter/CueR metal-responsive regulator, we could show that in E...
- Macomber L, Rensing C, Imlay J. Intracellular copper does not catalyze the formation of oxidative DNA damage in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:1616-26 pubmed..Elimination of the copper export genes, copA, cueO, and cusCFBA, rendered Escherichia coli sensitive to growth inhibition by copper and provided forcing ..
- Meydan S, Klepacki D, Karthikeyan S, Margus T, Thomas P, Jones J, et al. Programmed Ribosomal Frameshifting Generates a Copper Transporter and a Copper Chaperone from the Same Gene. Mol Cell. 2017;65:207-219 pubmed publisher..Although the copper ion transporter CopA has been known in Escherichia coli, no gene for its chaperone had been identified...
- Macomber L, Imlay J. The iron-sulfur clusters of dehydratases are primary intracellular targets of copper toxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8344-9 pubmed publisher..In this study, mutants of Escherichia coli that lack copper homeostatic systems (copA cueO cus) were used to identify intracellular targets and to test the hypothesis that toxicity involves the action ..
- Stoyanov J, Brown N. The Escherichia coli copper-responsive copA promoter is activated by gold. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:1407-10 pubmedThe copA gene of Escherichia coli encodes a copper transporter and its promoter is normally regulated by Cu(I) ions and CueR, a MerR-like transcriptional activator...
- Outten F, Outten C, Hale J, O Halloran T. Transcriptional activation of an Escherichia coli copper efflux regulon by the chromosomal MerR homologue, cueR. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31024-9 pubmed..Depending upon the cellular copper status, copper ions must either be imported or ejected. CopA, the principal copper efflux ATPase in Escherichia coli, is induced by elevated copper in the medium, but the ..
- Helbig K, Bleuel C, Krauss G, Nies D. Glutathione and transition-metal homeostasis in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:5431-8 pubmed publisher..Likewise, in mutant cells without the P-type ATPase CopA, the removal of GSH led to a strong decrease of Cu(II) resistance...
- Stoyanov J, Hobman J, Brown N. CueR (YbbI) of Escherichia coli is a MerR family regulator controlling expression of the copper exporter CopA. Mol Microbiol. 2001;39:502-11 pubmed..the genomic sequence of Escherichia coli K-12 encodes the regulator of expression of the copper-exporting ATPase, CopA. In vivo studies showed that ybbI (designated cueR for copper export regulator gene) was required for copper ..
- Neth O, Jack D, Dodds A, Holzel H, Klein N, Turner M. Mannose-binding lectin binds to a range of clinically relevant microorganisms and promotes complement deposition. Infect Immun. 2000;68:688-93 pubmed..Bound MBL was able to promote C4 deposition in a concentration-dependent manner. We conclude that MBL may be of importance in first-line immune defense against several important pathogens. ..