Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ccmD
Description: cytochrome c biogenesis protein; heme export ABC transporter holo-CcmE release factor
Alias: ECK2190, JW2186, yojM
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Stevens J, Gordon E, Ferguson S. Overproduction of CcmABCDEFGH restores cytochrome c maturation in a DsbD deletion strain of E. coli: another route for reductant?. FEBS Lett. 2004;576:81-5 pubmed..The Ccm proteins do not, however, restore the normal disulfide mis-isomerisation phenotype of the deletion strain, as shown by assay of the multidisulfide-bonded enzyme urokinase. ..
- Ahuja U, Thöny Meyer L. CcmD is involved in complex formation between CcmC and the heme chaperone CcmE during cytochrome c maturation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:236-43 pubmedb>CcmD is a small membrane protein involved in heme delivery to the heme chaperone CcmE during cytochrome c maturation. Here we show that it physically interacts with CcmE and CcmC, another essential component of the heme delivery system...
- Thony Meyer L. Haem-polypeptide interactions during cytochrome c maturation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1459:316-24 pubmed..CcmC is required for binding of haem to CcmE, and CcmF for releasing it from CcmE and transferring it onto the apocytochrome. The mechanism by which haem crosses the cytoplasmic membrane is currently unknown. ..
- Richard Fogal C, Frawley E, Feissner R, Kranz R. Heme concentration dependence and metalloporphyrin inhibition of the system I and II cytochrome c assembly pathways. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:455-63 pubmed..We propose that the targets are the heme binding proteins in the pathways (CcmC, CcmE, and CcmF for system I and CcsA for system II). ..
- Allen J, Barker P, Ferguson S. A cytochrome b562 variant with a c-type cytochrome CXXCH heme-binding motif as a probe of the Escherichia coli cytochrome c maturation system. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52075-83 pubmed..This contrasts with previous reports indicating that DsbA is essential for cytochrome c biogenesis in E. coli. ..
- Schulz H, Fabianek R, Pellicioli E, Hennecke H, Thony Meyer L. Heme transfer to the heme chaperone CcmE during cytochrome c maturation requires the CcmC protein, which may function independently of the ABC-transporter CcmAB. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6462-7 pubmed..b>CcmD was found to be involved in stabilizing the heme chaperone CcmE in the membrane...
- Choe M, Reznikoff W. Identification of the regulatory sequence of anaerobically expressed locus aeg-46.5. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:1165-72 pubmed..The proposed NarL site was found in a perfect-symmetry element. The aeg-46.5 regulatory elements are adjacent to, but divergent from, those of the eco gene. ..
- Thony Meyer L, Fischer F, Kunzler P, Ritz D, Hennecke H. Escherichia coli genes required for cytochrome c maturation. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:4321-6 pubmed..The results suggest that the E. coli ccm gene cluster present in the aeg-46.5 region is required for a general pathway involved in cytochrome c maturation. ..