Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cadC
Description: cadBA operon transcriptional activator
Alias: ECK4127, JW4094
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Takayama M, Ohyama T, Igarashi K, Kobayashi H. Escherichia coli cad operon functions as a supplier of carbon dioxide. Mol Microbiol. 1994;11:913-8 pubmed..Thus, our present results suggested that the physiological role of the cad operon is to supply carbon dioxide when its internal level is lowered under O2-limiting conditions at a low pH. ..
- Tetsch L, Koller C, Dönhöfer A, Jung K. Detection and function of an intramolecular disulfide bond in the pH-responsive CadC of Escherichia coli. BMC Microbiol. 2011;11:74 pubmed publisher..cadBA expression is dependent on CadC, a membrane-integrated transcriptional activator which belongs to the ToxR-like protein family...
- Samartzidou H, Delcour A. Excretion of endogenous cadaverine leads to a decrease in porin-mediated outer membrane permeability. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:791-8 pubmed..Finally, the mere expression of cadC, in the absence of cadaverine production, leads to a reduction in the amounts of OmpF and OmpC proteins, which ..
- Rowbury R. Regulatory components, including integration host factor, CysB and H-NS, that influence pH responses in Escherichia coli. Lett Appl Microbiol. 1997;24:319-28 pubmed..but also needs Lrp; lysine decarboxylase (CadA) formation at acid pH is controlled quite differently, needing the CadC activator and interaction of lysine/lysine permease; H-NS probably reverses induction by CadC...
- Gonzalez O, Kuper C, Jung K, Naval P, Mendoza E. Parameter estimation using Simulated Annealing for S-system models of biochemical networks. Bioinformatics. 2007;23:480-6 pubmed..engg.upd.edu.ph/~naval/bioinformcode.html. All the necessary programs including the required compiler are described in a document archived with the source code. Supplementary material is available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Buchner S, Schlundt A, Lassak J, Sattler M, Jung K. Structural and Functional Analysis of the Signal-Transducing Linker in the pH-Responsive One-Component System CadC of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 2015;427:2548-61 pubmed publisherThe pH-responsive one-component signaling system CadC in Escherichia coli belongs to the family of ToxR-like proteins, whose members share a conserved modular structure, with an N-terminal cytoplasmic winged helix-turn-helix DNA-binding ..
- Casalino M, Latella M, Prosseda G, Colonna B. CadC is the preferential target of a convergent evolution driving enteroinvasive Escherichia coli toward a lysine decarboxylase-defective phenotype. Infect Immun. 2003;71:5472-9 pubmed..and its transporter constitute a single operon (cadBA) and are expressed at low pH under the positive control of CadC. This regulator is an inner membrane protein that is able to sense pH variation and to respond by transcriptionally ..
- Torres A. The cad locus of Enterobacteriaceae: more than just lysine decarboxylation. Anaerobe. 2009;15:1-6 pubmed publisherThe cadBA genes are transcribed as a transcriptional operon and activated by CadC in a low pH- and lysine-dependent manner...
- Casalino M, Prosseda G, Barbagallo M, Iacobino A, Ceccarini P, Latella M, et al. Interference of the CadC regulator in the arginine-dependent acid resistance system of Shigella and enteroinvasive E. coli. Int J Med Microbiol. 2010;300:289-95 pubmed publisher..encoding lysine decarboxylase (CadA) and a lysine cadaverine antiporter (CadB), is submitted to the control of CadC, a positive activator whose gene maps upstream the operon, and is transcribed independently from the same strand...
- Rauschmeier M, Schüppel V, Tetsch L, Jung K. New insights into the interplay between the lysine transporter LysP and the pH sensor CadC in Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:215-29 pubmed publisher..of the regulatory interplay between the lysine-specific permease LysP and the membrane-integrated pH sensor CadC, which together induce lysine-dependent adaptation of E. coli under acidic stress...