Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bamE
Description: lipoprotein component of BamABCDE OM biogenesis complex
Alias: ECK2613, JW2598, smpA, smqA
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Han L, Zheng J, Wang Y, Yang X, Liu Y, Sun C, et al. Structure of the BAM complex and its implications for biogenesis of outer-membrane proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:192-6 pubmed publisher..its five polypeptide transport-associated (POTRA) domains interact with the four lipoproteins BamB, BamC, BamD and BamE, thus forming the hat's brim in the periplasm...
- Albrecht R, Zeth K. Structural basis of outer membrane protein biogenesis in bacteria. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:27792-803 pubmed publisher..By contrast, the dimeric BamE is formed through a domain swap and indicates fold similarity to the ?-lactamase inhibitor protein family, possibly ..
- Sabina J, Dover N, Templeton L, Smulski D, Soll D, LaRossa R. Interfering with different steps of protein synthesis explored by transcriptional profiling of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:6158-70 pubmed..Exposure of a relA strain to mupirocin resulted in accumulation of ribosomal protein operon transcripts. However, the relA strain's response to the other inhibitors was quite similar to that of the wild-type strain. ..
- Wei Y, Lee J, Richmond C, Blattner F, Rafalski J, LaRossa R. High-density microarray-mediated gene expression profiling of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:545-56 pubmed..Genes the expression of which was detected by this method were enumerated, and results were compared with the current understanding of E. coli physiology. ..
- Miczak A, Chauhan A, Apirion D. Two new genes located between 2758 and 2761 kilobase pairs on the Escherichia coli genome. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3271-2 pubmed
- Rigel N, Schwalm J, Ricci D, Silhavy T. BamE modulates the Escherichia coli beta-barrel assembly machine component BamA. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:1002-8 pubmed publisher..complex is composed of the essential proteins BamA and BamD and three nonessential lipoproteins, BamB, BamC, and BamE. Both BamC and BamE are important for stabilizing the interaction between BamA and BamD...
- Ross J, Eady E, Cove J, Baumberg S. Identification of a chromosomally encoded ABC-transport system with which the staphylococcal erythromycin exporter MsrA may interact. Gene. 1995;153:93-8 pubmed..Two genes, stpA and smpA, were identified upstream from msrA on the original Staphylococcus epidermidis plasmid, encoding an ATP-binding ..
- Hagan C, Kim S, Kahne D. Reconstitution of outer membrane protein assembly from purified components. Science. 2010;328:890-2 pubmed publisher..The assembly of this protein occurred without an energy source but required a soluble chaperone in addition to the multi-protein assembly complex. ..
- Rezuchova B, Miticka H, Homerova D, Roberts M, Kormanec J. New members of the Escherichia coli sigmaE regulon identified by a two-plasmid system. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;225:1-7 pubmed..tufA, recR), phospholipid and lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis (psd, lpxP), signal transduction (sixA), proposed inner or outer membrane proteins (bacA, sbmA, smpA, yeaY), and proteins with unknown function (ybaB, yaiW, yiiS, yiiT, yfeY).