Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP phosphoribosyltransferase
Description: ATP phosphoribosyltransferase
Alias: ECK2014, JW2001
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Middendorf A, Schweizer H, Vreemann J, Boos W. Mapping of markers in the gyrA-his region of Escherichia coli. Mol Gen Genet. 1984;197:175-81 pubmed..We conclude that our previously published sequence of markers was incorrect and is in fact inverted. The present data indicate the following sequence of markers in clockwise order: his gat cdd mgl cir fpk gyrA. ..
- Alifano P, Carlomagno M, Bruni C. Location of the hisGDCBHAFI operon on the physical map of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:3830-1 pubmed
- Dall Larsen T, Fasold H, Klungsoyr L, Kryvi H, Meyer C, Ortanderl F. Affinity labelling to - SH groups in adenosine - triphosphate - phosphoribosyl transferase with the dinitrophenyl group from S-dinitrophenyl-6-mercaptopurine-riboside 5'-phosphate. Eur J Biochem. 1975;60:103-7 pubmed..In support of this it was found that dinitrophenol inhibits the transferase reaction with half maximal effect at 0.4 mM. The inhibition is competitive with ATP. Dinitrophenol also competes with ATP in binding studies. ..
- Tebar A, Ballesteros A, Soria J. Mn2+ electron spin resonance studies on ATP phosphoribosyltransferase from E. coli. Experientia. 1977;33:1292-4 pubmed
- Carlomagno M, Chiariotti L, Alifano P, Nappo A, Bruni C. Structure and function of the Salmonella typhimurium and Escherichia coli K-12 histidine operons. J Mol Biol. 1988;203:585-606 pubmed..Overall, the operon structure is very compact and its expression appears to be regulated at several levels. ..
- Kleeman J, Parsons S. A sensitive assay for the reverse reaction of the first histidine biosynthetic enzyme. Anal Biochem. 1975;68:236-41 pubmed
- Bruni C, Musti A, Frunzio R, Blasi F. Structural and physiological studies of the Escherichia coli histidine operon inserted into plasmid vectors. J Bacteriol. 1980;142:32-42 pubmed..The presence of multiple copies of pCB2 or pCB3, but not of pCB5, prevented derepression of the chromosomal histidine operon. Possible interpretations of this phenomenon are discussed. ..
- Lohkamp B, Coggins J, Lapthorn A. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of ATP-phosphoribosyltransferase from Escherichia coli. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:1488-91 pubmed..7 A on a synchrotron X-ray source. The asymmetric unit is likely to contain one molecule, corresponding to a packing density of 2.9 A3 Da(-1). A model for the quaternary structure is proposed based on the crystallographic symmetry. ..
- Carlomagno M, Nappo A. NusA modulates intragenic termination by different pathways. Gene. 2003;308:115-28 pubmed..Our data support the hypothesis that NusA may program a fraction of the RNA polymerase to terminate transcription upon interactions with specific sites on the nascent mRNA and either other Nuses or ribosomes. ..
- Kronenberg H, Vogel T, Goldberger R. A new and highly sensitive assay for the ATP phosphoribosyltransferase that catalyzes the first step of histidine biosynthesis. Anal Biochem. 1975;65:380-8 pubmed
- Paul B, Berkmen M, Gourse R. DksA potentiates direct activation of amino acid promoters by ppGpp. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:7823-8 pubmed
- Tebar A, Ballesteros A. Kinetic properties of ATP phosphoribosyltransferase of Escherichia coli. Mol Cell Biochem. 1976;11:131-6 pubmedThe reversible reaction catalyzed by ATP phosphoribosyltransferase favors the pyrophosphorolysis of phosphoribosyl-ATP (PR-ATP). The enzyme is inhibited by PR-ATP...
- Jovanovic G, Kostic T, Jankovic M, Savic D. Nucleotide sequence of the Escherichia coli K12 histidine operon revisited. J Mol Biol. 1994;239:433-5 pubmed..Our data also suggest that neutral and near-neutral mutations do not accumulate to a significant extent in the histidine operon of E. coli strains harbouring strong mutator alleles. ..