Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: aroH
Description: 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate-7-phosphate synthase, tryptophan repressible
Alias: ECK1702, JW1694
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Ray J, Bauerle R. Purification and properties of tryptophan-sensitive 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate-7-phosphate synthase from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:1894-901 pubmedThe aroH gene of Escherichia coli, which encodes the tryptophan-sensitive 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate-7-phosphate synthase isoenzyme of the common aromatic biosynthetic pathway, was cloned behind the tac promoter in expression plasmid ..
- Zurawski G, Gunsalus R, Brown K, Yanofsky C. Structure and regulation of aroH, the structural gene for the tryptophan-repressible 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonic acid-7-phosphate synthetase of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1981;145:47-73 pubmed
- Wallace B, Pittard J. Regulation of 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonic 7-phosphate acid synthetase activity in relation to the synthesis of the aromatic vitamins in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1969;99:707-12 pubmed..Under repressed conditions both DAHP synthetase (phe) and (trp), but not DAHP synthetase (tyr), were shown to contribute to vitamin production. ..
- Akowski J, Bauerle R. Steady-state kinetics and inhibitor binding of 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate-7-phosphate synthase (tryptophan sensitive) from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 1997;36:15817-22 pubmed..The results suggest an inhibition mechanism analogous to system C5 hyperbolic mixed-type inhibition with respect to erythrose-4-phosphate and partial noncompetitive inhibition with respect to phosphoenolpyruvate. ..
- Hudson G, Davidson B. Nucleotide sequence and transcription of the phenylalanine and tyrosine operons of Escherichia coli K12. J Mol Biol. 1984;180:1023-51 pubmed
- Wallace B, Pittard J. Genetic and biochemical analysis of the isoenzymes concerned in the first reaction of aromatic biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1967;93:237-44 pubmed..coli chromosome. Chromatography on diethylaminoethyl cellulose columns allowed the recognition of four peaks of activity. ..
- Camakaris J, Pittard J. Repression of 3-deoxy-D-arabinoheptulosonic acid-7-phosphate synthetase (trp) and enzymes of the tryptophan pathway in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1971;107:406-14 pubmed..The mutation causing derepression is closely linked to aroH [the structural gene for DAHP synthetase (trp)] and occurs in a locus designated aroJ...
- Duncan K, Chaudhuri S, Campbell M, Coggins J. The overexpression and complete amino acid sequence of Escherichia coli 3-dehydroquinase. Biochem J. 1986;238:475-83 pubmed..The complete polypeptide chain consists of 240 amino acid residues and has a calculated subunit Mr of 26,377. Transcript mapping revealed that aroD is a typical monocistronic gene. ..
- Brunelle A, Schleif R. Determining residue-base interactions between AraC protein and araI DNA. J Mol Biol. 1989;209:607-22 pubmed..The missing contacts displayed by three AraC mutants are found within two major groove regions of the DNA and are spaced 21 base-pairs apart in a pattern indicating a direct repeat orientation for the subunits of AraC. ..
- Hudson G, Rellos P, Davidson B. Two promoters control the aroH gene of Escherichia coli. Gene. 1991;102:87-91 pubmedThe aroH gene from Escherichia coli encodes 3-deoxy-D-arabinoheptulosonate-7-phosphate (DAHP) synthase (Trp), one of three isoenzymes which catalyse the first committed step in the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids and vitamins...
- Muday G, Johnson D, Somerville R, Herrmann K. The tyrosine repressor negatively regulates aroH expression in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:3930-2 pubmed..isoenzyme of 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate 7-phosphate synthase of Escherichia coli, encoded by the aroH gene, were elevated in tyrR and/or trpR mutants...
- Davies W, Davidson B. The nucleotide sequence of aroG, the gene for 3-deoxy-D-arabinoheptulosonate-7-phosphate synthetase (phe) in Escherichia coli K12. Nucleic Acids Res. 1982;10:4045-58 pubmed..There is significant identity in the nucleotide sequences of aroG and aroH (the gene for 3-deoxy-D-arabinoheptulosonate-7-phosphate synthetase (trp), indicating that these two genes have ..
- Pittard J, Camakaris J, Wallace B. Inhibition of 3-deoxy-d-arabinoheptulosonic acid-7-phosphate synthetase (trp) in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1969;97:1242-7 pubmed..The enzymic activity of DAHP synthetase (trp) in the presence of CO(2+) is sensitive to inhibition by tryptophan. Mutant strains of E. coli have been isolated in which DAHP synthetase (trp) is feedback-resistant. ..
- Stephens C, Bauerle R. Analysis of the metal requirement of 3-deoxy-D-arabino-heptulosonate-7-phosphate synthase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:20810-7 pubmed..The tetrameric DAHPS(Phe) exhibited positive homotropic cooperativity with respect to erythrose 4-phosphate, phophoenolpyruvate, and phenylalanine in the presence of all metals tested. ..