Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: araE
Description: arabinose transporter
Alias: ECK2839, JW2809
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Schleif R, Wolberger C. Arm-domain interactions can provide high binding cooperativity. Protein Sci. 2004;13:2829-31 pubmed..The analysis presented here should be useful in analyzing binding behavior in other systems involving arm interactions. ..
- Heffernan L, Bass R, Englesberg E. Mutations affecting catabolite repression of the L-arabinose regulon in Escherichia coli B/r. J Bacteriol. 1976;126:1119-31 pubmed..araCi1 promoted synthesis of both isomerase, a product of the araBAD operon, and permease, a product of the araE operon...
- Khlebnikov A, Risa O, Skaug T, Carrier T, Keasling J. Regulatable arabinose-inducible gene expression system with consistent control in all cells of a culture. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:7029-34 pubmed..To construct a host-vector expression system with regulatable control in a homogeneous population of cells, the araE gene of Escherichia coli was cloned into an RSF1010-derived plasmid under control of the isopropyl-beta-D-..
- Saidijam M, Bettaney K, Szakonyi G, Psakis G, Shibayama K, Suzuki S, et al. Active membrane transport and receptor proteins from bacteria. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:867-72 pubmed
- Stoner C, Schleif R. The araE low affinity L-arabinose transport promoter. Cloning, sequence, transcription start site and DNA binding sites of regulatory proteins. J Mol Biol. 1983;171:369-81 pubmed..The araE promoter shows no evidence of an operator site upstream from the CRP binding site, but otherwise it is similar to ..
- Kolodrubetz D, Schleif R. L-arabinose transport systems in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1981;148:472-9 pubmed..Complementation tests revealed only one gene, araE, in the low-affinity arabinose uptake system. P1 transduction placed araE between lysA (60.9 min) and thyA (60...