Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: amiA
Description: N-acetylmuramoyl-l-alanine amidase I
Alias: ECK2430, JW2428, yfeE
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Sikdar R, Doerrler W. Inefficient Tat-dependent export of periplasmic amidases in an Escherichia coli strain with mutations in two DedA family genes. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:807-18 pubmed publisher..Periplasmic amidases AmiC and AmiA, secreted by the twin arginine transport (Tat) pathway, are localized to the cytoplasm in BC202...
- Beck B, Park J. Activity of three murein hydrolases during the cell division cycle of Escherichia coli K-12 as measured in toluene-treated cells. J Bacteriol. 1976;126:1250-60 pubmed
- Tomioka S, Nikaido T, Miyakawa T, Matsuhashi M. Mutation of the N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanine amidase gene of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1983;156:463-5 pubmedMutants of Escherichia coli with very low N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanine amidase activity were isolated. The gene amiA responsible for most of this enzyme activity was mapped at 51 min on the E...
- Priyadarshini R, de Pedro M, Young K. Role of peptidoglycan amidases in the development and morphology of the division septum in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:5334-47 pubmed
- Heidrich C, Templin M, Ursinus A, Merdanovic M, Berger J, Schwarz H, et al. Involvement of N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanine amidases in cell separation and antibiotic-induced autolysis of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2001;41:167-78 pubmed..Here, we report that three amidases, named AmiA, B and C, exist in E. coli and that they are involved in splitting of the murein septum during cell division...
- Ize B, Stanley N, Buchanan G, Palmer T. Role of the Escherichia coli Tat pathway in outer membrane integrity. Mol Microbiol. 2003;48:1183-93 pubmed..Overexpression of the genes encoding the two additional amidases, amiA and amiC, does not compensate for the outer membrane defect of the tatC strain...
- Tanaka K, Muramatsu S, Yamada H, Mizuno T. Systematic characterization of curved DNA segments randomly cloned from Escherichia coli and their functional significance. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;226:367-76 pubmed..It was also demonstrated that an E. coli histone-like protein, named H-NS (or H1a), exhibits a strong affinity for naturally occurring curved DNA sequences in regions upstream promoters. ..
- Vanderwinkel E, de Vlieghere M, Charles P, Baptist V. Nature of the interactions involved in the lipid-protein complexes of the Escherichia coli N-acetylmuramoyl-L-alanine amidase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1987;913:238-44 pubmed..All kinetic data supported our previous interpretation of the phosphatidylglycerol-enzyme interactions in terms of multisite non-allosteric theory. ..