Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: acrE
Description: cytoplasmic membrane lipoprotein
Alias: ECK3252, JW3233, envC
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Hirata T, Saito A, Nishino K, Tamura N, Yamaguchi A. Effects of efflux transporter genes on susceptibility of Escherichia coli to tigecycline (GAR-936). Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:2179-84 pubmed..coli cells overproducing AcrAB. Therefore, tigecycline is a possible substrate of AcrAB and its close homolog, AcrEF, which are resistance-modulation-division-type multicomponent efflux transporters. ..
- Lewis K. Multidrug resistance pumps in bacteria: variations on a theme. Trends Biochem Sci. 1994;19:119-23 pubmed..This similarity in design, and the high incidence of apparently independent evolution of MDRs, suggests that the property of multidrug resistance might have resulted from a loss of specificity in a specific hydrophobic-drug efflux pump. ..
- Hirakawa H, Inazumi Y, Masaki T, Hirata T, Yamaguchi A. Indole induces the expression of multidrug exporter genes in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:1113-26 pubmed..xenobiotic exporter genes, and found that indole induces a variety of xenobiotic exporter genes including acrD, acrE, cusB, emrK, mdtA, mdtE and yceL. Indole treatment of E...
- Klein J, Plapp R. Locations of the envCD genes on the physical map of the Escherichia coli chromosome. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:3828-9 pubmed
- Nikaido H. Multidrug efflux pumps of gram-negative bacteria. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:5853-9 pubmed
- Kawamura Sato K, Shibayama K, Horii T, Iimuma Y, Arakawa Y, Ohta M. Role of multiple efflux pumps in Escherichia coli in indole expulsion. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;179:345-52 pubmed..This mutant was more susceptible to the growth-inhibitory effect of indole than the parent. These results indicate that the AcrEF system plays a significant role in indole efflux. ..
- Ma D, Cook D, Alberti M, Pon N, Nikaido H, Hearst J. Molecular cloning and characterization of acrA and acrE genes of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:6299-313 pubmed..The second downstream ORF is predicted to encode a transmembrane protein of 1,049 amino acids and is named acrE. Genes acrA and acrE are probably located on the same operon, and both of their products are likely to affect drug ..
- Yamada S, Awano N, Inubushi K, Maeda E, Nakamori S, Nishino K, et al. Effect of drug transporter genes on cysteine export and overproduction in Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:4735-42 pubmed..These results indicate that the multidrug transporter Bcr in the major facilitator family is involved in L-cysteine export and overproduction in genetically engineered E. coli cells. ..
- Kobayashi K, Tsukagoshi N, Aono R. Suppression of hypersensitivity of Escherichia coli acrB mutant to organic solvents by integrational activation of the acrEF operon with the IS1 or IS2 element. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2646-53 pubmed..These mutants produced high levels of AcrE and AcrF proteins, which were not produced in OST5500, and in each mutant an insertion sequence (IS1 or IS2) was ..
- Domka J, Lee J, Wood T. YliH (BssR) and YceP (BssS) regulate Escherichia coli K-12 biofilm formation by influencing cell signaling. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:2449-59 pubmed..We propose new names for these two loci: bssR for yliH and bssS for yceP, based on the phrase "regulator of biofilm through signal secretion." ..