Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: acrD
Description: aminoglycoside/multidrug efflux system
Alias: ECK2465, JW2454, yffA
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Saier M, Tam R, Reizer A, Reizer J. Two novel families of bacterial membrane proteins concerned with nodulation, cell division and transport. Mol Microbiol. 1994;11:841-7 pubmed..We propose that an MFP functions co-operatively with an RND protein to transport large or hydrophobic molecules across the two membranes of the Gram-negative bacterial cell envelope. ..
- Elkins C, Nikaido H. Substrate specificity of the RND-type multidrug efflux pumps AcrB and AcrD of Escherichia coli is determined predominantly by two large periplasmic loops. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:6490-8 pubmed..b>AcrD is an efflux transporter of E...
- Elkins C, Mullis L. Mammalian steroid hormones are substrates for the major RND- and MFS-type tripartite multidrug efflux pumps of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:1191-5 pubmed..Furthermore, at least two other RND-type pumps, YhiV and AcrD, were capable of transporting such hormones when overexpressed on plasmid vectors (with some demonstrable ..
- Yamada S, Awano N, Inubushi K, Maeda E, Nakamori S, Nishino K, et al. Effect of drug transporter genes on cysteine export and overproduction in Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:4735-42 pubmed..coli on L-cysteine export and overproduction. Overexpression of the acrD, acrEF, bcr, cusA, emrAB, emrKY, ybjYZ, and yojIH genes reversed the growth inhibition of tnaA (the major CD gene)-..
- Will J, Sheldrick W, Wolters D. Characterisation of cisplatin coordination sites in cellular Escherichia coli DNA-binding proteins by combined biphasic liquid chromatography and ESI tandem mass spectrometry. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2008;13:421-34 pubmed..Two efflux proteins (acrD, mdtA), the redox regulator thioredoxin 1 (thiO) and the external filament-like type-1 fimbrial protein A chain (..
- Yamamoto K, Tamai R, Yamazaki M, Inaba T, Sowa Y, Kawagishi I. Substrate-dependent dynamics of the multidrug efflux transporter AcrB of Escherichia coli. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21909 pubmed publisher..The latter two components are shared with another RND-type transporter AcrD, whose expression is induced by environmental stimuli...
- Horiyama T, Nishino K. AcrB, AcrD, and MdtABC multidrug efflux systems are involved in enterobactin export in Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108642 pubmed publisher..coli. Single deletions of acrB, acrD, mdtABC, acrEF, or mdtEF did not affect the ability of E...
- Nakamura H. Novel acriflavin resistance genes, acrC and acrD, in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1979;139:8-12 pubmed..Genetic analysis characterized two new genetic loci, acrC and acrD. The former was mapped between tonA and proA, and the latter between the origin of genetic transfer of HfrH and ..
- Aires J, Nikaido H. Aminoglycosides are captured from both periplasm and cytoplasm by the AcrD multidrug efflux transporter of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1923-9 pubmed..mechanisms of resistance-nodulation-division (RND)-type multidrug efflux pumps, we examined the Escherichia coli AcrD pump, whose typical substrates, aminoglycosides, are not expected to diffuse spontaneously across the lipid bilayer...
- Bouvier J, Richaud C, Higgins W, Bogler O, Stragier P. Cloning, characterization, and expression of the dapE gene of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:5265-71 pubmed..Neither of these two promoters is regulated by the lysine concentration in the growth medium. ..