Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: aceA
Description: isocitrate lyase
Alias: ECK4007, JW3975, icl
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Gill R, Valdes J, Bentley W. A comparative study of global stress gene regulation in response to overexpression of recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli. Metab Eng. 2000;2:178-89 pubmed..the responses included significantly increased upregulation of heat shock (ftsH, clpP, lon, ompT, degP, groEL, aceA, ibpA), SOS/DNA damage (recA, lon, IS5 transposase), stationary phase (rpoS, aceA), and bacteriophage life cycle (..
- Diehl P, McFadden B. The importance of four histidine residues in isocitrate lyase from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:927-31 pubmed..All the H-197, H-266, and H-306 mutants supported the growth of isocitrate lyase-deficient E. coli JE10 on acetate as the sole carbon source; however, the H-184 mutants did not. ..
- Gawand P, Said Abukar F, Venayak N, Partow S, Motter A, Mahadevan R. Sub-optimal phenotypes of double-knockout mutants of Escherichia coli depend on the order of gene deletions. Integr Biol (Camb). 2015;7:930-9 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we investigated the effects of the deletion of the glyoxylate-shunt gene aceA (encoding a latent reaction enzyme, isocitrate lyase) on the growth characteristics of the mutant E. coli Î”pgi...
- Ogawa T, Murakami K, Mori H, Ishii N, Tomita M, Yoshin M. Role of phosphoenolpyruvate in the NADP-isocitrate dehydrogenase and isocitrate lyase reaction in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:1176-8 pubmed
- Prasad Maharjan R, Yu P, Seeto S, Ferenci T. The role of isocitrate lyase and the glyoxylate cycle in Escherichia coli growing under glucose limitation. Res Microbiol. 2005;156:178-83 pubmed..The role of isocitrate lyase (AceA) was examined in E. coli growing under glucose limitation...
- Blankenhorn D, Phillips J, Slonczewski J. Acid- and base-induced proteins during aerobic and anaerobic growth of Escherichia coli revealed by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2209-16 pubmed..Isocitrate lyase (AceA) was induced by oxygen across the pH range but showed substantially greater induction in acid or in base than at pH ..
- Hoyt J, Robertson E, Berlyn K, Reeves H. Escherichia coli isocitrate lyase: properties and comparisons. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1988;966:30-5 pubmed..coli isocitrate lyase and compared these results to those obtained with other organisms. ..
- Maloy S, Nunn W. Genetic regulation of the glyoxylate shunt in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1982;149:173-80 pubmed..The genes for the two unique enzymes of the glyoxylate shunt, aceA and aceB, are located at 90 min on the E. coli K-12 genetic map...
- Rieul C, Bleicher F, Duclos B, Cortay J, Cozzone A. Nucleotide sequence of the aceA gene coding for isocitrate lyase in Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:5689 pubmed
- Wick L, Quadroni M, Egli T. Short- and long-term changes in proteome composition and kinetic properties in a culture of Escherichia coli during transition from glucose-excess to glucose-limited growth conditions in continuous culture and vice versa. Environ Microbiol. 2001;3:588-99 pubmed..by upregulation of 12 proteins, namely MglB, MalE, ArgT, DppA, RbsB, YdcS, LivJ (precursor), UgpB (precursor), AceA, AldA, AtpA and GatY. Eight of these proteins are periplasmic binding proteins of ABC transporters...
- Yamamoto K, Ishihama A. Two different modes of transcription repression of the Escherichia coli acetate operon by IclR. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:183-94 pubmedIclR is a repressor for the Escherichia coli aceBAK operon, which encodes isocitrate lyase (aceB), malate synthase (aceA) and isocitrate dehydroge-nase kinase/phosphorylase (aceK) in the glyoxylate bypass...
- Robertson A, Nimmo H. Site-directed mutagenesis of cysteine-195 in isocitrate lyase from Escherichia coli ML308. Biochem J. 1995;305 ( Pt 1):239-44 pubmedCysteine-195 was previously identified as a probable active site residue in isocitrate lyase (ICL) from Escherichia coli ML308 [Nimmo, Douglas, Kleanthous, Campbell and MacKintosh (1989) Biochem. J. 261, 431-435]...
- Chung T, Resnik E, Stueland C, LaPorte D. Relative expression of the products of glyoxylate bypass operon: contributions of transcription and translation. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:4572-5 pubmed..The upshift in expression between aceB and aceA resulted from differences in translational efficiency...
- Mackintosh C, Nimmo H. Purification and regulatory properties of isocitrate lyase from Escherichia coli ML308. Biochem J. 1988;250:25-31 pubmed..coli cells growing on acetate, about one order of magnitude higher than the Km determined in vitro in the absence of competing anions. ..
- Robertson E, Hoyt J, Reeves H. Evidence of histidine phosphorylation in isocitrate lyase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:2477-82 pubmed..In addition, loss of catalytic activity after treatment with potato acid phosphatase indicates that catalytically active isocitrate lyase is the phosphorylated form of the enzyme. ..
- Ko Y, Vanni P, McFadden B. The interaction of 3-phosphoglycerate and other substrate analogs with the glyoxylate- and succinate-binding sites of isocitrate lyase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;274:155-60 pubmed..The interaction of other substrate analogs, including glycolate, oxalate, phosphoenolpyruvate, and cis-aconitate, with isocitrate lyase from E. coli is also characterized. ..
- Gui L, Sunnarborg A, LaPorte D. Regulated expression of a repressor protein: FadR activates iclR. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:4704-9 pubmed..We observed a similar increase when we inactivated the FadR binding site of an iclR+ allele. This result suggests that FadR regulates aceBAK indirectly by altering the expression of IclR. ..
- el Mansi E, Mackintosh C, Duncan K, Holms W, Nimmo H. Molecular cloning and over-expression of the glyoxylate bypass operon from Escherichia coli ML308. Biochem J. 1987;242:661-5 pubmed..This plasmid complements an aceA mutation...
- Nimmo H, Douglas F, Kleanthous C, Campbell D, Mackintosh C. Identification of a cysteine residue at the active site of Escherichia coli isocitrate lyase. Biochem J. 1989;261:431-5 pubmed..The reactivity of isocitrate lyase to iodoacetate declined with pH, following a titration curve for a group of pKa 7.1. The Km of the enzyme for isocritrate declined over the same pH range...
- Peskov K, Goryanin I, Prank K, Tobin F, Demin O. Kinetic modeling of ace operon genetic regulation in Escherichia coli. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2008;6:933-59 pubmed..coli B strain carries two coeffector binding sites. Using model-developed levels of steady state aceBAK expression against physiological ranges of coeffectors, concentration has been predicted. ..
- Creaghan I, Guest J. Succinate dehydrogenase-dependent nutritional requirement for succinate in mutants of Escherichia coli K12. J Gen Microbiol. 1978;107:1-13 pubmed..of mutations affecting 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase (sucA), succinate dehydrogenase (sdh), isocitrate lyase (aceA) and fumarate reductase (frd) in a background lacking succinate semialdehyde dehydrogenase, was constructed to ..