Gene Symbol: G4p02
Species: Enterobacteria phage G4 sensu lato
- Shaw D, Walker J, Northrop F, Barrell B, Godson G, Fiddes J. Gene K, a new overlapping gene in bacteriophage G4. Nature. 1978;272:510-5 pubmed
- Godson G, Barrell B, Staden R, Fiddes J. Nucleotide sequence of bacteriophage G4 DNA. Nature. 1978;276:236-47 pubmed
- Sims J, Koths K, Dressler D. Single-stranded phage replication: positive- and negative-strand DNA synthesis. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 1979;43 Pt 1:349-65 pubmed
- Swart J, Griep M. Primase from Escherichia coli primes single-stranded templates in the absence of single-stranded DNA-binding protein or other auxiliary proteins. Template sequence requirements based on the bacteriophage G4 complementary strand origin and Okazaki fra. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12970-6 pubmed..We also report primase's ability to incorporate dideoxyribonucleotide triphosphates into primers, which has allowed us to determine directly both length and sequence of primers synthesized...
- Hillebrand G, Beattie K. Influence of template primary and secondary structure on the rate and fidelity of DNA synthesis. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:3116-25 pubmed..Electrophoretic assays of the fidelity of DNA synthesis suggested that an increased tendency toward misincorporational "hotspots" occurred when elongation required concomitant strand displacement...
- Fiddes J, Godson G. Nucleotide sequence of the J gene and surrounding untranslated regions of phage G4 DNA: comparison with phage phiX174. Cell. 1978;15:1045-53 pubmed..The G4 overlapping gene E is longer than in phiX174 and extends beyond gene D. Sixteen nucleotides at the end of genes D and E in phiX174 are duplicated in G4 before gene J. ..