Gene Symbol: D
Description: external scaffolding protein
Species: Enterobacteria phage phiX174 sensu lato
- Air G, Blackburn E, Coulson A, Galibert F, Sanger F, Sedat J, et al. Gene F of bacteriophage phiX174. Correlation of nucleotide sequences from the DNA and amino acid sequences from the gene product. J Mol Biol. 1976;107:445-58 pubmed
- Mansfeld A, Vereijken J, Jansz H. The nucleotide sequence of a DNA fragment, 71 base pairs in length, near the origin of DNA replication of bacteriophage 0X174. Nucleic Acids Res. 1976;3:2827-44 pubmed..The sequence suggests that at least 4 of the 5 amber mutants 2 that have been mapped on this fragment are identical. On account of this and other evidence a reading frame is proposed. ..
- Smith M, Brown N, Air G, Barrell B, Coulson A, Hutchison C, et al. DNA sequence at the C termini of the overlapping genes A and B in bacteriophage phi X174. Nature. 1977;265:702-5 pubmed
- Brown N, Smith M. The sequence of a region of bacteriophage phiX174 DNA coding for parts of genes A and B. J Mol Biol. 1977;116:1-28 pubmed
- Fiddes J. The nucleotide sequence of a viral DNA. Sci Am. 1977;237:54-67 pubmed
- Air G, Sanger F, Coulson A. Nucleotide and amino acid sequences of gene G of omegaX174. J Mol Biol. 1976;108:519-33 pubmed
- Sanger F, Air G, Barrell B, Brown N, Coulson A, Fiddes C, et al. Nucleotide sequence of bacteriophage phi X174 DNA. Nature. 1977;265:687-95 pubmed..Two pairs of genes are coded by the same region of DNA using different reading frames...
- Brown N, Smith M. DNA sequence of a region of the phi X174 genome coding for a ribosome binding site. Nature. 1977;265:695-8 pubmed..Assignments of the binding site to a specific gene are discussed, and the possibility of a second case of overlapping genes in phi X174 is considered. ..
- Takeshita M, Kappen L, Grollman A, Eisenberg M, Goldberg I. Strand scission of deoxyribonucleic acid by neocarzinostatin, auromomycin, and bleomycin: studies on base release and nucleotide sequence specificity. Biochemistry. 1981;20:7599-606 pubmed..The cleavage pattern of Tlm shows quantitative differences from the other analogues tested. Differences between bleomycin and its analogues may be related to structural differences in these molecules. ..
- Blackburn E. Transcription and sequence analysis of a fragment of bacteriophage phiX174 DNA. J Mol Biol. 1976;107:417-31 pubmed
- Langeveld S, van Mansfeld A, de Winter J, Weisbeek P. Cleavage of single-stranded DNA by the A and A* proteins of bacteriophage phi X174. Nucleic Acids Res. 1979;7:2177-88 pubmed..000 daltons) can cleave the single-stranded viral DNA at many different sites. It has however a strong preference for the origin of replication. Both proteins generate 3'OH ends and blocked 5' termini at the nick site. ..
- Air G, Blackburn E, Sanger F, Coulson A. The nucleotide and amino acid sequences of the N (5') terminal region of gene G of bacteriophage phiphiX 174. J Mol Biol. 1975;96:703-19 pubmed
- Ziff E, Sedat J, Galibert F. Determination of the nucleotide sequence of a fragment of bacteriophage phiX 174 DNA. Nat New Biol. 1973;241:34-7 pubmed
- Air G, Coulson A, Fiddes J, Friedmann T, Hutchison C, Sanger F, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the F protein coding region of bacteriophage phiX174 and the amino acid sequence of its product. J Mol Biol. 1978;125:247-54 pubmed