Gene Symbol: Dyak\Dscam
Description: GE24114 gene product from transcript GE24114-RL
Alias: Dscam, Dyak\GE24114, GE24114, Yak Dscam, dyak_GLEANR_784, GE24114 gene product from transcript GE24114-RL, Dscam-PB, Dscam-PC, Dscam-PD, Dscam-PE, Dscam-PF, Dscam-PG, Dscam-PH, Dscam-PI, Dscam-PJ, Dscam-PK, Dscam-PL, Dscam-PM, Dscam-PN, Dscam-PO, Dscam-PP, Dscam-PQ, Dyak\Dscam-PB, Dyak\Dscam-PC, Dyak\Dscam-PD, Dyak\Dscam-PE, Dyak\Dscam-PF, Dyak\Dscam-PG, Dyak\Dscam-PH, Dyak\Dscam-PI, Dyak\Dscam-PJ, Dyak\Dscam-PK, Dyak\Dscam-PL, Dyak\Dscam-PM, Dyak\Dscam-PN, Dyak\Dscam-PO, Dyak\Dscam-PP, Dyak\Dscam-PQ, Dyak\GE24114-PB, Dyak\GE24114-PC, Dyak\GE24114-PD, Dyak\GE24114-PE, Dyak\GE24114-PF, Dyak\GE24114-PG, Dyak\GE24114-PH, Dyak\GE24114-PI, Dyak\GE24114-PJ, Dyak\GE24114-PK, Dyak\GE24114-PL, Dyak\GE24114-PM, Dyak\GE24114-PN, Dyak\GE24114-PO, Dyak\GE24114-PP, Dyak\GE24114-PQ, GE24114-PB, GE24114-PC, GE24114-PD, GE24114-PE, GE24114-PF, GE24114-PG, GE24114-PH, GE24114-PI, GE24114-PJ, GE24114-PK, GE24114-PL, GE24114-PM, GE24114-PN, GE24114-PO, GE24114-PP, GE24114-PQ, dscam
Species: Drosophila yakuba
- Celotto A, Graveley B. Alternative splicing of the Drosophila Dscam pre-mRNA is both temporally and spatially regulated. Genetics. 2001;159:599-608 pubmedThe Drosophila melanogaster Down syndrome cell adhesion molecule (Dscam) gene encodes an axon guidance receptor that can express 38,016 different mRNAs by virtue of alternative splicing...
- Graveley B. Mutually exclusive splicing of the insect Dscam pre-mRNA directed by competing intronic RNA secondary structures. Cell. 2005;123:65-73 pubmedDrosophila Dscam encodes 38,016 distinct axon guidance receptors through the mutually exclusive alternative splicing of 95 variable exons...
- Takahashi A. Effect of exonic splicing regulation on synonymous codon usage in alternatively spliced exons of Dscam. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:214 pubmed publisher..Down syndrome cell adhesion molecule (Dscam) has the largest number of alternatively spliced exons (ASEs) known to date, and the splicing frequency of each ..
- Lee C, Kim N, Roy M, Graveley B. Massive expansions of Dscam splicing diversity via staggered homologous recombination during arthropod evolution. RNA. 2010;16:91-105 pubmed publisherThe arthropod Down syndrome cell adhesion molecule (Dscam) gene can generate tens of thousands of protein isoforms via combinatorial splicing of numerous alternative exons encoding immunoglobulin variable domains organized into three ..
- Anastassiou D, Liu H, Varadan V. Variable window binding for mutually exclusive alternative splicing. Genome Biol. 2006;7:R2 pubmed publisher..of a conserved nucleotide 'anchor' sequence upstream of the exon 6 cluster in the pre-mRNA of the fruitfly Dscam gene binds to one of the introns, thereby activating selection of the exon directly downstream from the binding ..