Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TJP2
Description: tight junction protein 2
Alias: ZO-2, tight junction protein ZO-2, zona occludens 2, zona occludens protein 2, zonula occludens protein 2
- Unda F, Perez Nanclares G, Le Morvan V, Hernandez C, Vilaxa A, de la Fuente M, et al. Dynamic assembly of tight junction-associated proteins ZO-1, ZO-2, ZO-3 and occludin during mouse tooth development. Histol Histopathol. 2003;18:27-38 pubmed publisher..The occurrence and relation during tooth development of tight junction proteins ZO-1, ZO-2 and occludin, but not ZO-3, suggests a combinatory assembly in tooth morphogenesis and cell differentiation. ..
- Remue E, Meerschaert K, Oka T, Boucherie C, Vandekerckhove J, Sudol M, et al. TAZ interacts with zonula occludens-1 and -2 proteins in a PDZ-1 dependent manner. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4175-80 pubmed publisher..We propose that zonula occludens is a negative regulator of TAZ and suggest that selected tight junction proteins control nuclear translocation and activity of TAZ...
- Raya Sandino A, Castillo Kauil A, Domínguez Calderón A, Alarcón L, Flores Benitez D, Cuellar Perez F, et al. Zonula occludens-2 regulates Rho proteins activity and the development of epithelial cytoarchitecture and barrier function. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1714-1733 pubmed publisher..Hence, ZO-2 is a crucial regulator of Rho proteins activity and the development of epithelial cytoarchitecture and barrier function. ..
- Quirós M, Alarcón L, Ponce A, Giannakouros T, Gonzalez Mariscal L. The intracellular fate of zonula occludens 2 is regulated by the phosphorylation of SR repeats and the phosphorylation/O-GlcNAcylation of S257. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2528-43 pubmed publisherb>Zona occludens 2 (ZO-2) has a dual localization. In confluent epithelia, ZO-2 is present at tight junctions (TJs), whereas in sparse proliferating cells it is also found at the nucleus...
- Wetzel F, Mittag S, Cano Cortina M, Wagner T, Kramer O, Niedenthal R, et al. SUMOylation regulates the intracellular fate of ZO-2. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:373-392 pubmed publisher..From these data we conclude that SUMOylation affects the intracellular localization of ZO-2 and its regulatory role on GSK3? and ?-catenin signaling activity. ..