Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TJP1
Description: tight junction protein 1
Alias: ZO-1, ZO1, tight junction protein ZO-1, tight junction protein 1 (zona occludens 1), zonula occludens protein 1
- Tokuda S, Higashi T, Furuse M. ZO-1 knockout by TALEN-mediated gene targeting in MDCK cells: involvement of ZO-1 in the regulation of cytoskeleton and cell shape. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104994 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for ZO-1 in the regulation of cytoskeleton and shape of cell-cell junctions in MDCK cells and indicate the advantage of knockout analysis in cultured cells. ..
- Tsapara A, Matter K, Balda M. The heat-shock protein Apg-2 binds to the tight junction protein ZO-1 and regulates transcriptional activity of ZONAB. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1322-30 pubmed
- Elias B, Suzuki T, Seth A, Giorgianni F, Kale G, Shen L, et al. Phosphorylation of Tyr-398 and Tyr-402 in occludin prevents its interaction with ZO-1 and destabilizes its assembly at the tight junctions. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1559-69 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a unique motif in the occludin sequence that is involved in the regulation of ZO-1 binding by reversible phosphorylation of specific Tyr residues. ..
- Ahn C, Shin D, Lee D, Kang S, Seok J, Kang H, et al. Expression of claudins, occludin, junction adhesion molecule A and zona occludens 1 in canine organs. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:3697-703 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that tight junctions are differently expressed in organs, and therefore may be involved in organ?specific functions to maintain physiological homeostasis. ..
- Nagaoka K, Udagawa T, Richter J. CPEB-mediated ZO-1 mRNA localization is required for epithelial tight-junction assembly and cell polarity. Nat Commun. 2012;3:675 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that CPEB-mediated zonal occludens-1 mRNA localization is essential for tight-junction assembly and mammary epithelial cell polarity...
- Lee N, Tong M, Leung P, Chan V, Leung S, Tam P, et al. Kidney claudin-19: localization in distal tubules and collecting ducts and dysregulation in polycystic renal disease. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:923-31 pubmed..Taken together, claudin-19 is a claudin isoform that is highly and specifically expressed in renal tubules with a putative role in TJ homeostasis in renal physiology. ..
- Lehtonen S, Lehtonen E, Kudlicka K, Holthofer H, Farquhar M. Nephrin forms a complex with adherens junction proteins and CASK in podocytes and in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells expressing nephrin. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:923-36 pubmed
- Sjö A, Magnusson K, Peterson K. Association of alpha-dystrobrevin with reorganizing tight junctions. J Membr Biol. 2005;203:21-30 pubmed..Moreover, actin and ZO-1 co-immunoprecipitated with a-DB, as displayed with immunoblotting. Our findings suggest that a-dystrobrevin specifically is associated with the tight junctions during their reorganization. ..
- Roussel A, Bruet V, Marsella R, Knol A, Bourdeau P. Tight junction proteins in the canine epidermis: a pilot study on their distribution in normal and in high IgE-producing canines. Can J Vet Res. 2015;79:46-51 pubmed..Ces rÃ©sultats suggÃ¨rent un dÃ©faut dâ€™expression de la Claudine-1 dans lâ€™Ã©piderme non lÃ©sionnel des chiens atopiques.(Traduit par les auteurs). ..
- Unda F, Perez Nanclares G, Le Morvan V, Hernandez C, Vilaxa A, de la Fuente M, et al. Dynamic assembly of tight junction-associated proteins ZO-1, ZO-2, ZO-3 and occludin during mouse tooth development. Histol Histopathol. 2003;18:27-38 pubmed publisher..The occurrence and relation during tooth development of tight junction proteins ZO-1, ZO-2 and occludin, but not ZO-3, suggests a combinatory assembly in tooth morphogenesis and cell differentiation. ..
- Gonzalez Mariscal L, Islas S, Contreras R, García Villegas M, Betanzos A, Vega J, et al. Molecular characterization of the tight junction protein ZO-1 in MDCK cells. Exp Cell Res. 1999;248:97-109 pubmed..16 kb long. MDCK-ZO-1 mRNA is 7.4 kb long. Its expression is regulated by calcium, while the expression of MDCK-ZO-1 protein is not. ..