Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: acaA
Description: adenylate cyclase
Alias: DDBDRAFT_0214814, DDBDRAFT_0218330, DDB_0214814, DDB_0218330, adenylyl cyclase
Species: Dictyostelium discoideum AX4
- Chang W, Thomason P, Gross J, Neweil P. Evidence that the RdeA protein is a component of a multistep phosphorelay modulating rate of development in Dictyostelium. EMBO J. 1998;17:2809-16 pubmed..The mutant is complemented by transformation with the Ypd1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, itself an H2 module protein. We propose that RdeA is part of a multistep phosphorelay system that modulates the rate of development. ..
- Xiao Z, Devreotes P. Identification of detergent-resistant plasma membrane microdomains in dictyostelium: enrichment of signal transduction proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:855-69 pubmed..It also has important implications for the "fluid mosaic" model of the plasma membrane structures. ..
- Faix J, Kreppel L, Shaulsky G, Schleicher M, Kimmel A. A rapid and efficient method to generate multiple gene disruptions in Dictyostelium discoideum using a single selectable marker and the Cre-loxP system. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:e143 pubmed..Furthermore, the cells remain sensitive to transformation for additional targeted or random mutagenesis requiring Blasticidin selection and for functional expression studies of mutated or tagged proteins using other selectable markers. ..
- Söderbom F, Anjard C, Iranfar N, Fuller D, Loomis W. An adenylyl cyclase that functions during late development of Dictyostelium. Development. 1999;126:5463-71 pubmed..Cells in which the receptor-coupled adenylyl cyclase gene, acaA, is genetically inactivated grow well but are unable to develop...
- Mantzouranis L, Bagattini R, Souza G. KeaA, a Dictyostelium Kelch-domain protein that regulates the response to stress and development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:79 pubmed publisher..KeaA is required for cAMP signaling following stress. Our studies indicate a role for kelch proteins in the signaling that regulates the cell cycle and development in response to changes in the environmental conditions. ..
- Rodriguez Centeno J, Sastre L. Biological Activity of the Alternative Promoters of the Dictyostelium discoideum Adenylyl Cyclase A Gene. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148533 pubmed publisher..The gene coding for ACA (acaA) is transcribed from three different promoters that are active at different developmental stages...
- Wang C, Jung D, Cao Z, Chung C. Adenylyl cyclase localization to the uropod of aggregating Dictyostelium cells requires RacC. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;465:613-9 pubmed publisherThe localization of adenylyl cyclase A (ACA) to uropod of cells is required for the stream formation during Dictyostelium development. RacC is a Dictyostelium orthologue of Cdc42...
- Masaki N, Fujimoto K, Honda Kitahara M, Hada E, Sawai S. Robustness of self-organizing chemoattractant field arising from precise pulse induction of its breakdown enzyme: a single-cell level analysis of PDE expression in Dictyostelium. Biophys J. 2013;104:1191-202 pubmed publisher..this sets the cAMP level near the threshold concentration for the cAMP relay response for a wide range of adenylyl cyclase activity...
- Ziegler I, Gutlich M. Tetrahydropterins interfere with the G protein pathway in Dictyostelium discoideum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;221:368-73 pubmed..The inhibition of G protein activation was accompanied by a loss of adenylyl cyclase activation...
- Jaiswal P, Singh S, Aiyar P, Akkali R, Baskar R. Regulation of multiple tip formation by caffeine in cellular slime molds. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:26 pubmed publisher..Two key components of cAMP relay namely, cAMP phosphodiesterase (Pde4) and adenyl cyclase-A (AcaA) levels get reduced during secondary tip formation in Dictyostelium discoideum...
- Garige M, Walters E. Curcumin inhibits development and cell adhesion in Dictyostelium discoideum: Implications for YakA signaling and GST enzyme function. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;467:275-81 pubmed publisher..These studies expand our knowledge of developmental and biochemical signaling influenced by curcumin, and lends greater consideration of GST enzyme function in eukaryotic cell signaling, development, and differentiation. ..