Gene Symbol: CMVs2gp2
Description: ORF overlaps the C-terminal portion of the viral RdRp (PMID: 8291242)
Alias: ORF overlaps the C-terminal portion of the viral RdRp (PMID: 8291242), 2b protein
Species: cucumber mosaic cucumovirus
- Ziebell H, Murphy A, Groen S, Tungadi T, Westwood J, Lewsey M, et al. Cucumber mosaic virus and its 2b RNA silencing suppressor modify plant-aphid interactions in tobacco. Sci Rep. 2011;1:187 pubmed publisherThe cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) 2b protein not only inhibits anti-viral RNA silencing but also quenches transcriptional responses of plant genes to jasmonic acid, a key signalling molecule in defence against insects...
- Ziebell H, Carr J. Effects of dicer-like endoribonucleases 2 and 4 on infection of Arabidopsis thaliana by cucumber mosaic virus and a mutant virus lacking the 2b counter-defence protein gene. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2288-92 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that Fny-CMVDelta2b/Fny-CMV cross-protection is not completely dependent on RNA silencing and also involves competition between these viruses...
- Murota K, Shimura H, Takeshita M, Masuta C. Interaction between Cucumber mosaic virus 2b protein and plant catalase induces a specific necrosis in association with proteasome activity. Plant Cell Rep. 2017;36:37-47 pubmed publisherCucumber mosaic virus (CMV) can induce a specific necrosis on Arabidopsis through the interaction between the CMV 2b protein and host catalase, in which the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway may be involved...
- Du Z, Chen F, Zhao Z, Liao Q, Palukaitis P, Chen J. The 2b protein and the C-terminus of the 2a protein of cucumber mosaic virus subgroup I strains both play a role in viral RNA accumulation and induction of symptoms. Virology. 2008;380:363-70 pubmed publisher..However, sequence analysis revealed that Leu(55) of the 2b protein was necessary but not sufficient for FCb7(2b)-CMV to induce systemic necrosis...
- Wu D, Qi T, Li W, Tian H, Gao H, Wang J, et al. Viral effector protein manipulates host hormone signaling to attract insect vectors. Cell Res. 2017;27:402-415 pubmed publisher..Here we reveal that the aphid-borne cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) employs its 2b protein, a well-characterized viral suppressor of host RNA interference (VSR), to target the host's jasmonate (JA) ..