Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: creB
Description: DNA-binding response regulator in two-component regulatory system with CreC
Alias: ECK4390, JW4361, ORF2, yjjE
- Functional characterization in vitro of all two-component signal transduction systems from Escherichia coliKaneyoshi Yamamoto
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Kinki University, Nakamachi 3327 204, Nara 631 8505, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:1448-56. 2005..BaeS, BasS, CreC, CusS, HydH, RstB, YedV, and YfhK), and a total of 34 RRs, including putative RRs (BaeR, BasR, CreB, CusR, HydG, RstA, YedW, YfhA, YgeK, and YhjB), have been suggested to exist in Escherichia coli...
- Is cross regulation by phosphorylation of two-component response regulator proteins important in bacteria?B L Wanner
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
J Bacteriol 174:2053-8. 1992
- Cross talk to the phosphate regulon of Escherichia coli by PhoM protein: PhoM is a histidine protein kinase and catalyzes phosphorylation of PhoB and PhoM-open reading frame 2M Amemura
Department of Experimental Chemotherapy, Osaka University, Japan
J Bacteriol 172:6300-7. 1990..PhoM1206 could also transphosphorylate the product of phoM-orf2, which is structurally homologous to phoB and located immediately upstream of phoM...
- System-level mapping of Escherichia coli response regulator dimerization with FRET hybridsRong Gao
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Howard HughesMedical Institute, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Mol Microbiol 69:1358-72. 2008..Weak hetero-pair interactions were also identified between several different RRs, suggesting potential cross-regulation between distinct pathways...
- Defining the growth conditions and promoter-proximal DNA sequences required for activation of gene expression by CreBC in Escherichia coliS James L Cariss
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 190:3930-9. 2008..It also is activated during aerobic growth when fermentation products are being used as carbon sources. CreB and CreC are essential for the activation of cre regulon gene expression, but CreA and CreD, encoded as part of the ..
- Cyclic AMP-dependent catabolite repression is the dominant control mechanism of metabolic fluxes under glucose limitation in Escherichia coliAnnik Nanchen
Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 190:2323-30. 2008..of Escherichia coli mutants, we elucidated the relevance of global transcriptional regulation by ArcA, ArcB, Cra, CreB, CreC, Crp, Cya, Fnr, Hns, Mlc, OmpR, and UspA on aerobic glucose catabolism in glucose-limited chemostat cultures ..
- Beta-lactam resistance modulated by the overexpression of response regulators of two-component signal transduction systems in Escherichia coliHidetada Hirakawa
Department of Cell Membrane Biology, Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Ibaraki, Osaka 567 0047, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:576-82. 2003..We cloned all 32 response regulators and examined whether or not response regulator-overexpressing cells confer resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics in E. coli...
- Bacterial sensor kinase/response regulator systems: an introductionM H Saier
Department of Biology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0116
Res Microbiol 145:349-55. 1994
- Nucleotide sequence of the phoM region of Escherichia coli: four open reading frames may constitute an operonM Amemura
J Bacteriol 168:294-302. 1986..Four open reading frames (ORFs) were identified in the order ORF1-ORF2-ORF3 (phoM)-ORF4-dye clockwise on the standard E. coli genetic map...
- Signal transduction in bacteriaJ B Stock
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544
Nature 344:395-400. 1990..This phosphotransfer network couples environmental signals to an array of response elements that control cell motility and regulate gene expression...
- Metabolic flux analysis of Escherichia coli creB and arcA mutants reveals shared control of carbon catabolism under microaerobic growth conditionsPablo I Nikel
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77251 1892, USA
J Bacteriol 191:5538-48. 2009..Strains carrying the creB deletion showed a higher biomass yield on glucose compared to the wild-type strain and its DeltaarcA derivative, ..