Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIMP2
Description: TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 2
Alias: metalloproteinase inhibitor 2, TIMP-2, collagenase inhibitor, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2, tissue inhibitor of mettaloproteinase 2
- Moreira L, de Carvalho E, Caldas Bussiere M. Differential immunohistochemical expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in cow uteri with adenomyosis during follicular phase. Vet Res Commun. 2011;35:261-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a differential pattern of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and Tissue inhibitor metalloproteinase-2 was observed in cow uteri with adenomyosis. ..
- Dilly M, Hambruch N, Shenavai S, Schuler G, Froehlich R, Haeger J, et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2, MMP-14 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase (TIMP)-2 during bovine placentation and at term with or without placental retention. Theriogenology. 2011;75:1104-14 pubmed publisher..The presence of the activated enzyme was confirmed by zymography. In conclusion, MMP-14, MMP-2 and TIMP-2 are co-localized in the fetal compartment and therefore could influence the timely release of fetal membranes in cattle. ..
- Maskos K, Lang R, Tschesche H, Bode W. Flexibility and variability of TIMP binding: X-ray structure of the complex between collagenase-3/MMP-13 and TIMP-2. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:1222-31 pubmed
- Das S, Mandal M, Chakraborti T, Mandal A, Chakraborti S. Isolation of MMP-2 from MMP-2/TIMP-2 complex: characterization of the complex and the free enzyme in pulmonary vascular smooth muscle plasma membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1674:158-74 pubmed..We have also presented additional data indicating that the isolated preparation of 72-kDa gelatinase exhibited properties that are identical with MMP-2 obtained from different sources. ..
- Balcerzak D, Querengesser L, Dixon W, Baracos V. Coordinate expression of matrix-degrading proteinases and their activators and inhibitors in bovine skeletal muscle. J Anim Sci. 2001;79:94-107 pubmed
- Saunders W, Bohnsack B, Faske J, Anthis N, Bayless K, Hirschi K, et al. Coregulation of vascular tube stabilization by endothelial cell TIMP-2 and pericyte TIMP-3. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:179-91 pubmed
- Boone T, Johnson M, De Clerck Y, Langley K. cDNA cloning and expression of a metalloproteinase inhibitor related to tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:2800-4 pubmed..The amino acid sequence of mature human MI is 38% identical to the sequence for human TIMP, and the 12 cysteines in MI and TIMP are aligned almost identically. Thus MI and TIMP comprise an inhibitor family. ..
- Hirata M, Sato T, Tsumagari M, Shimada A, Nakano H, Hashizume K, et al. Differential regulation of the expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases by cytokines and growth factors in bovine endometrial stromal cells and trophoblast cell line BT-1 in vitro. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:1276-81 pubmed..Furthermore, as in humans and rodents, MMPs and TIMPs may contribute to the control of degradation and reconstitution of extracellular matrix in bovine endometrium during embryonic implantation and early placentation. ..
- Takagi M, Yamamoto D, Ohtani M, Miyamoto A. Quantitative analysis of messenger RNA expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9), tissue inhibitor-2 of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMP-2), and steroidogenic enzymes in bovine placentomes during gestation and postpartum. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:801-7 pubmed