Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NOS2
Description: nitric oxide synthase 2
Alias: NOS2A, iNOS, nitric oxide synthase, inducible, NOS type II, NOSII, inducible NO synthase, inducible NOS, inducible nitric oxide synthase, nitric oxide synthase 2, inducible, nitric oxide synthase 2A (inducible, hepatocytes), peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS2
- Sommer S, Pudrith C, Colvin C, Coussens P. Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis suppresses expression of IL-12p40 and iNOS genes induced by signalling through CD40 in bovine monocyte-derived macrophages. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2009;128:44-52 pubmed publisher..macrophages (MDM) responded to CD40L by up-regulating expression of genes encoding IL-6, TNFalpha, IL-8, iNOS, IL-10, and IL-12p40...
- Ea H, Uzan B, Rey C, Lioté F. Octacalcium phosphate crystals directly stimulate expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase through p38 and JNK mitogen-activated protein kinases in articular chondrocytes. Arthritis Res Ther. 2005;7:R915-26 pubmed..OCP crystals induced nitric oxide (NO) production and inducible nitric oxide synthase (NOS) mRNA expression by isolated articular chondrocytes and cartilage fragments, in a dose-dependent ..
- Janowski T, Baranski W, Lukasik K, Skarzynski D, Rudowska M, Zdunczyk S. Prevalence of subclinical endometritis in repeat breeding cows and mRNA expression of tumor necrosis factor alpha and inducible nitric oxide synthase in the endometrium of repeat breeding cows with and without subclinical endometritis. Pol J Vet Sci. 2013;16:693-9 pubmed..with cytobrush cytology b) to analyze mRNA expression of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in endometrial biopsy samples collected from repeat breeding cows with and without subclinical ..
- Pires P, Santos N, Adona P, Natori M, Schwarz K, de Bem T, et al. Endothelial and inducible nitric oxide synthases in oocytes of cattle. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;116:233-43 pubmed publisher..The following experiments were performed: (1) detection of the endothelial (eNOS) and inducible (iNOS) isoforms in the ovary by immunohistochemistry; (2) detection of eNOS and iNOS in the oocytes before and after in ..
- Raveenthiran S, Chowdhury T. Dynamic compression inhibits fibronectin fragment induced iNOS and COX-2 expression in chondrocyte/agarose constructs. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2009;8:273-83 pubmed publisher..the combined effects of dynamic compression and the NH(2)-hep I or COOH-hep II FN-fs on the expression levels of iNOS and COX-2 and production of *NO and PGE(2) release...
- Xu G, Li Y, Yang J, Zhou X, Yin X, Liu M, et al. Effect of recombinant Mce4A protein of Mycobacterium bovis on expression of TNF-alpha, iNOS, IL-6, and IL-12 in bovine alveolar macrophages. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;302:1-7 pubmed..such as MtbPPD, MbPPD, and BCG), followed by real-time RT-PCR assay for the mRNA expression level of TNF-alpha, iNOS, IL-6, and IL-12...
- Widdison S, Ashley G, Howard C, Coffey T. Characterisation of bovine inducible nitric oxide synthase. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007;117:302-9 pubmedInducible nitric oxide (iNOS) is an enzyme that catalyzes the production of the reactive nitrogen intermediate nitric oxide (NO)...
- Cheng Y, Huang C, Tsai H. Relationship of bovine NOS2 gene polymorphisms to the risk of bovine tuberculosis in Holstein cattle. J Vet Med Sci. 2016;78:281-6 pubmed publisher..The inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS which is encoded by the NOS2 gene) plays a key role in the immunological control of a broad ..
- Heaton M, Harhay G, Bennett G, Stone R, Grosse W, Casas E, et al. Selection and use of SNP markers for animal identification and paternity analysis in U.S. beef cattle. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:272-81 pubmed..Knowledge of these additional sites, together with the 32 target SNPs, allows the design of robust, accurate genotype assays on a variety of high-throughput SNP genotyping platforms. ..
- Bloch K, Wolfram J, Brown D, Roberts J, Zapol D, Lepore J, et al. Three members of the nitric oxide synthase II gene family (NOS2A, NOS2B, and NOS2C) colocalize to human chromosome 17. Genomics. 1995;27:526-30 pubmed..Clones containing three independent genes were isolated. One clone encoded the previously identified NOS II gene (NOS2A). The two other genes specified amino acids homologous, but not identical, to human NOS II (NOS2B and NOS2C)...