Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP9
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 9
Alias: matrix metalloproteinase-9, 92 kDa gelatinase, 92 kDa type IV collagenase, GELB, MMP-9, gelatinase B, matrix metallopeptidase 9 (gelatinase B, 92kDa gelatinase, 92kDa type IV collagenase), matrix metalloproteinase 9 (gelatinase B, 92kDa matrix metalloproteinase 9 (gelatinase B, 92kDa gelatinase, 92kDa type IV collagenase)
- Hinds C, Niehaus A, Premanandan C, Rajala Schultz P, Rings D, Lakritz J. Characterization of the contributions of Hp-MMP 9 to the serum acute phase protein response of lipopolysaccharide challenged calves. BMC Vet Res. 2014;10:261 pubmed publisher..of the study was to define the time course of covalent complexes of neutrophil, haptoglobin (Hp) and matrix metalloproteinase 9 (Hp-MMP 9) in serum after intravenous lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in comparison to traditional markers...
- Linsuwanont B, Takagi Y, Ohya K, Shimokawa H. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 mRNA and protein during deciduous tooth resorption in bovine odontoclasts. Bone. 2002;31:472-8 pubmedMatrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9, or gelatinase B) is an extracellular proteinase that is highly expressed in osteoclasts and has been postulated to play an important role in their resorptive activity...
- Takagi M, Yamamoto D, Ohtani M, Miyamoto A. Quantitative analysis of messenger RNA expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9), tissue inhibitor-2 of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMP-2), and steroidogenic enzymes in bovine placentomes during gestation and postpartum. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:801-7 pubmed
- Roy S, Samanta K, Chakraborti T, Chowdhury A, Chakraborti S. Role of TGF-?1 and TNF-? in IL-1? mediated activation of proMMP-9 in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells: involvement of an aprotinin sensitive protease. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;513:61-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-1? induced stimulation of the two progelatinases occurs via different mechanisms. ..
- Hirata M, Sato T, Tsumagari M, Shimada A, Nakano H, Hashizume K, et al. Differential regulation of the expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases by cytokines and growth factors in bovine endometrial stromal cells and trophoblast cell line BT-1 in vitro. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:1276-81 pubmed..Furthermore, as in humans and rodents, MMPs and TIMPs may contribute to the control of degradation and reconstitution of extracellular matrix in bovine endometrium during embryonic implantation and early placentation. ..
- Wang X, Wang H, Aodon geril -, Shu Y, Momotani Y, Nagata R, et al. Decreased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and increased expression of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in paratuberculosis-infected cattle in the ELISA-negative subclinical stage. Anim Biotechnol. 2011;22:44-9 pubmed publisher..As a result, the MMP-9 may play an important role in the development of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis disease. ..
- Santos J, Tewari S, Lin J, Kowluru R. Interrelationship between activation of matrix metalloproteinases and mitochondrial dysfunction in the development of diabetic retinopathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:760-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of these gelatinase MMPs by pharmacological agents during the early stages of diabetes could provide a strategy to inhibit the development of diabetic retinopathy. ..