Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP2
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 2
Alias: 72 kDa type IV collagenase, 72 kDa gelatinase, MMP-2, matrix metallopeptidase 2 (gelatinase A, 72kDa gelatinase, 72kDa type IV collagenase), matrix metalloproteinase 2 (72 KDa type IV collagenase), matrix metalloproteinase-2
- Dilly M, Hambruch N, Shenavai S, Schuler G, Froehlich R, Haeger J, et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2, MMP-14 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase (TIMP)-2 during bovine placentation and at term with or without placental retention. Theriogenology. 2011;75:1104-14 pubmed publisher..The presence of the activated enzyme was confirmed by zymography. In conclusion, MMP-14, MMP-2 and TIMP-2 are co-localized in the fetal compartment and therefore could influence the timely release of fetal membranes in cattle. ..
- Chowdhury A, Sarkar J, Pramanik P, Chakraborti T, Chakraborti S. Cross talk between MMP2-Spm-Cer-S1P and ERK1/2 in proliferation of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells under angiotensin II stimulation. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;603:91-101 pubmed publisher..Overall, NADPH oxidase plays an important role in proMMP-2 expression and activation and that MMP-2 mediated SMC proliferation occurs through the involvement of Spm-Cer-S1P signaling axis under ANG II stimulation of PASMCs. ..
- Santos J, Tewari S, Lin J, Kowluru R. Interrelationship between activation of matrix metalloproteinases and mitochondrial dysfunction in the development of diabetic retinopathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:760-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of these gelatinase MMPs by pharmacological agents during the early stages of diabetes could provide a strategy to inhibit the development of diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Mishra B, Kizaki K, Sato T, Ito A, Hashizume K. The role of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN) in the regulation of bovine endometrial cell functions. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:149 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EMMPRIN derived from epithelial cells regulates MMPs in the endometrium under progesterone-rich conditions and may thereby modulate bovine endometrial cell functions during gestation...
- Mandai M, Das S, Chakraborti T, Chakraborti S. Matrix metalloprotease 2-mediated activation of Ca(2+)-ATPase by superoxide radical (O2*-) in plasma membrane of bovine pulmonary vascular smooth muscle. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2002;39:390-6 pubmed..Adding pure bovine MMP-2 to the smooth muscle membrane suspension causes an increase in Ca(2+)-ATPase activity, but the pretreatment with TIMP-2 inhibits the increase in the enzyme activity. ..
- Moreira L, de Carvalho E, Caldas Bussiere M. Differential immunohistochemical expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in cow uteri with adenomyosis during follicular phase. Vet Res Commun. 2011;35:261-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a differential pattern of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and Tissue inhibitor metalloproteinase-2 was observed in cow uteri with adenomyosis. ..
- Takagi M, Yamamoto D, Ohtani M, Miyamoto A. Quantitative analysis of messenger RNA expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9), tissue inhibitor-2 of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMP-2), and steroidogenic enzymes in bovine placentomes during gestation and postpartum. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:801-7 pubmed
- Mandal A, Chakraborti T, Choudhury R, Ghosh B, Ghosh A, Das S, et al. Role of MMP-2 in inhibiting Na+ dependent Ca2+ uptake by H2O2 in microsomes isolated from pulmonary smooth muscle. Mol Cell Biochem. 2005;270:79-87 pubmed..Thus, one of the mechanisms by which H2O2 activates MMP-2 could be due to inactivation of TIMP-2 by the oxidant. The resulting activation of MMP-2 subsequently inhibits Na+ dependent Ca2+ uptake in the microsomes. ..
- Das S, Mandal M, Chakraborti T, Mandal A, Chakraborti S. Isolation of MMP-2 from MMP-2/TIMP-2 complex: characterization of the complex and the free enzyme in pulmonary vascular smooth muscle plasma membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1674:158-74 pubmed..We have also presented additional data indicating that the isolated preparation of 72-kDa gelatinase exhibited properties that are identical with MMP-2 obtained from different sources. ..
- Chakraborti S, Mandal A, Das S, Chakraborti T. Inhibition of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger by peroxynitrite in microsomes of pulmonary smooth muscle: role of matrix metalloproteinase-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1671:70-8 pubmed
- Chakraborti T, Das S, Mandal M, Mandal A, Chakraborti S. Role of Ca2+-dependent metalloprotease-2 in stimulating Ca2+ ATPase activity under peroxynitrite treatment in bovine pulmonary artery smooth muscle membrane. IUBMB Life. 2002;53:167-73 pubmed
- Mutlag A, Wang X, Yang Z, Meng J, Wang X, Zhang J, et al. Study on matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 2 gene expression and NO in dairy cows with ovarian cysts. Anim Reprod Sci. 2015;152:1-7 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that the abnormal expression of the MMP-1/2 gene might be an important marker of ovarian follicular cysts in dairy cows. ..
- Ulbrich S, Meyer S, Zitta K, Hiendleder S, Sinowatz F, Bauersachs S, et al. Bovine endometrial metallopeptidases MMP14 and MMP2 and the metallopeptidase inhibitor TIMP2 participate in maternal preparation of pregnancy. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;332:48-57 pubmed publisher..In this study we observed distinct changes in expression of MMP2, MMP14, and the metallopeptidase inhibitor TIMP2 between different phases of the estrous cycle indicating an ..
- Das S, Chakraborti T, Mandal M, Mandal A, Chakraborti S. Role of membrane-associated Ca+ dependent matrix metalloprotease-2 in the oxidant activation of Ca2+Atpase by tertiary butylhydroperoxide. Mol Cell Biochem. 2002;237:85-93 pubmed..Pretreatment with TIMP-2 prevents the increase in Ca2+ATPase activity elicited by the low doses of MMP-2 and/or t-buOOH. ..
- Balcerzak D, Querengesser L, Dixon W, Baracos V. Coordinate expression of matrix-degrading proteinases and their activators and inhibitors in bovine skeletal muscle. J Anim Sci. 2001;79:94-107 pubmed
- Francoz D, Desrochers A, Simard N, Saint Pierre Y, Fecteau G, Latouche J, et al. Relative expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 in synovial fluid from healthy calves and calves with experimentally induced septic arthritis. Am J Vet Res. 2008;69:1022-8 pubmed publisher..Results indicated that relative expression of MMP-9 and MMP-2 increased in synovial fluid from calves with experimentally induced septic arthritis, with relative expression remaining high for several days after infection. ..