Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MMP1
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 1 (interstitial collagenase)
Alias: MMP-1, interstitial collagenase, fibroblast collagenase, matrix metalloproteinase-1
- Bakke L, Li Q, Cassar C, Dow M, Pursley J, Smith G. Gonadotropin surge-induced differential upregulation of collagenase-1 (MMP-1) and collagenase-3 (MMP-13) mRNA and protein in bovine preovulatory follicles. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:605-12 pubmed..base) for the preovulatory collagenolysis required for follicle rupture. ..
- Ohta Y, Hayashi M, Kanemaru T, Abe K, Ito Y, Oike M. Dual modulation of airway smooth muscle contraction by Th2 cytokines via matrix metalloproteinase-1 production. J Immunol. 2008;180:4191-9 pubmed..This indicates that Th2 cytokines modulate airway contraction without affecting cellular contractility but by secreting MMP-1 from the SM cells via PI3K activation and changing cell-to-matrix interactions. ..
- Zhang B, Yan L, Moses M, Tsang P. Bovine membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase: molecular cloning and expression in the corpus luteum. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:99-106 pubmed..Taken together, the differential expression and localization of MT1-MMP in the corpus luteum suggest that it may have multiple functions throughout the course of the estrous cycle, including activation of pro-MMP-2. ..
- Mazor R, Alsaigh T, Shaked H, Altshuler A, Pocock E, Kistler E, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-1-mediated up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-2 in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:598-607 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a mechanism by which MMP-1 may prime or sensitize endothelial cell functions. ..
- Maeda E, Sugimoto M, Ohashi T. Cytoskeletal tension modulates MMP-1 gene expression from tenocytes on micropillar substrates. J Biomech. 2013;46:991-7 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, tenocyte anabolism, as measured by type I collagen mRNA expression, was not altered with substrate stiffness. ..
- Qi Y, Zhang X, Wang Y, Pang Y, Zhang Z, Zhang T, et al. Expression of MMP-1, -2, and -8 in longissimus dorsi muscle and their relationship with meat quality traits in cattle. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15:15017593 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that the remodeling of the ECM has important effects both on the development of postnatal skeletal muscle and on meat quality. ..
- Christison K, Schmutz S, Berryere T, Buchanan F. Linkage mapping of MMP1 to cattle chromosome 15. Anim Genet. 2001;32:316 pubmed