Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LTF
Alias: lactotransferrin, lactoferrin
- Bovine lactoferrin mRNA: sequence, analysis, and expression in the mammary glandR E Goodman
J A Baker Institute, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 180:75-84. 1991The mRNA sequence for bovine lactoferrin expressed in the mammary gland was determined by sequencing three over lapping cDNA clones and by direct sequencing of the mRNA...
- New functions of lactoferrin and beta-casein in mammalian milk as cysteine protease inhibitorsA Ohashi
Institute for Health Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Yamashiro cho, 770 8514, Tokushima City, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 306:98-103. 2003We found new inhibitory function of lactoferrin and beta-casein in milk against cysteine proteases using reverse zymography...
- Role of endogenous interferon and LPS in the immunomodulatory effects of bovine lactoferrin in murine peritoneal macrophagesPatrizia Puddu
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 82:347-53. 2007b>Lactoferrin (Lf) plays an important role in host defense against infection and excessive inflammation...
- Identification of the bactericidal domain of lactoferrinW Bellamy
Nutritional Science Laboratory, Morinaga Milk Industry Company Limited, Zama City, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1121:130-6. 1992We report the existence of a previously unknown antimicrobial domain near the N-terminus of lactoferrin in a region distinct from its iron-binding sites...
- Polymorphisms in the promoter region of the bovine lactoferrin gene influence milk somatic cell score and milk production traits in Chinese Holstein cowsYongjiang Mao
College of Animal Science and Technology, Yangzhou University, 225009 Yangzhou, PR China College of Animal Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, 430070 Wuhan, PR China Electronic address
Res Vet Sci 103:107-12. 2015b>Lactoferrin is an iron-binding protein found in cow's milk that plays an important role in preventing mastitis caused by intramammary infection...
- Effects of induced energy deficiency on lactoferrin concentration in milk and the lactoferrin reaction of primary bovine mammary epithelial cells in vitroK Danowski
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 97:647-55. 2013..coli) and Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) was conducted. Lactoferrin (LF) was determined on gene expression and protein level...
- Identification and characterization of the acidic pH binding sites for growth regulatory ligands of low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-1Thai Yen Ling
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 279:38736-48. 2004..These results suggest that cell surface annexin VI may function as an acidic pH binding site or receptor and may also function as a co-receptor with LRP-1 at neutral pH...
- Crystal structure of a proteolytically generated functional monoferric C-lobe of bovine lactoferrin at 1.9A resolutionSujata Sharma
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
J Mol Biol 331:485-96. 2003This is the first crystal structure of a proteolytically generated functional C-lobe of lactoferrin. The purified samples of iron-saturated C-lobe were crystallized in 0.1 M Mes buffer (pH 6...
- Bovine lactoferricin-induced anti-inflammation is, in part, via up-regulation of interleukin-11 by secondary activation of STAT3 in human articular cartilageDongyao Yan
From the Departments of Biochemistry
J Biol Chem 288:31655-69. 2013..Together, our results suggest a two-step mechanism, whereby LfcinB induces TIMP-1 through an IL-11-dependent pathway involving transcription factor AP-1 and STAT3. ..
- Lactoferrin inhibits apoptosis through insulin-like growth factor I in primary rat osteoblastsJian Ming Hou
1 Fujian Provincial Hospital, Fuzhou 350001, China 2 Provincial Clinical Medical College of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350004, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 35:523-30. 2014Excessive apoptosis of osteoblasts is the major cause of low bone mass, and bovine lactoferrin (bLF), an iron-binding glycoprotein, might protect osteoblastic cells from apoptosis induced by serum withdrawal...
- Hepatitis C virus envelope proteins bind lactoferrinM Yi
Department of Molecular Biology, Medical School, Kanazawa University, Takara machi, Japan
J Virol 71:5997-6002. 1997..Here we report that human as well as bovine lactoferrin, a multifunctional immunomodulator, binds two HCV envelope proteins...
- In vitro heme and non-heme iron capture from hemoglobin, myoglobin and ferritin by bovine lactoferrin and implications for suppression of reactive oxygen species in vivoHemalatha Jegasothy
CSIRO Food, Nutrition and Bioproducts, Private Bag 16, 671 Sneydes Road, Werribee, Vic, 3030, Australia
Biometals 27:1371-82. 2014b>Lactoferrin (Lf), present in colostrum and milk is a member of the transferrin family of iron-binding glyco-proteins, with stronger binding capacity to ferric iron than hemoglobin, myoglobin or transferrin...
- Bovine lactoferrin enhances proliferation of human peripheral blood lymphocytes and induces cytokine production in whole blood culturesEwa Zaczynska
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Science, Wrocław, Poland
Adv Clin Exp Med 23:871-6. 2014b>Lactoferrin belongs to the immunoregulatory milk proteins involved in iron metabolism as well in providing innate immunity to newborns. The protein has been the subject of numerous clinical studies.
- Modulatory Effects of Oral Bovine Lactoferrin on the IgA Response at Inductor and Effector Sites of Distal Small Intestine from BALB/c MiceIvonne Maciel Arciniega-Martinez
Research and Graduate Studies Section, Superior School of Medicine, National Polytechnic Institute, Plan de San Luis y Díaz Mirón s n, Col Santo Tomas, CP 11340, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 64:57-63. 2016Bovine lactoferrin (bLf) up-modulates intestinal IgA that is essential for homeostasis and which might confer protection to the distal small intestine that is vulnerable to inflammation...
- Parity-dependent association between TNF-α and LTF gene polymorphisms and clinical mastitis in dairy cattleKatarzyna Wojdak-Maksymiec
Faculty of Biotechnology and Husbandry, Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin, ul, Doktora Judyma 6, Szczecin, Poland
BMC Vet Res 9:114. 2013..We proposed tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α), lactoferrin (LTF) and macrophage-expressed lysozyme (mLYZ) genes as potential DNA markers in the improvement of immunity to ..
- Anti-nociceptive effect of bovine milk-derived lactoferrin in a rat lumbar disc herniation modelNobuhisa Sasaki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1663-7. 2010..An experimental animal study...
- Lactoferrin decreases inflammatory response by cystic fibrosis bronchial cells invaded with Burkholderia cenocepacia iron-modulated biofilmP Valenti
Department of Public Health and Infectious Disease, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 24:1057-68. 2011..b>Lactoferrin (Lf), an iron binding multifunctional glycoprotein synthesized by exocrine glands and neutrophils, has been ..
- Use of Wisteria floribunda agglutinin affinity chromatography in the structural analysis of the bovine lactoferrin N-linked glycosylationSander S van Leeuwen
Department of Microbial Physiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute GBB, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 7, NL 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1820:1444-55. 2012Over the years, the N-glycosylation of both human and bovine lactoferrin (LF) has been studied extensively, however not all aspects have been studied in as much detail...
- Effect of glucose on the lactoferrin's conformation and its effect on MC 3T3-E1 cell proliferationPengcheng Wen
College of Food Science and Engineering, Gansu Agricultural University, Lanzhou, China
Protein J 31:300-5. 2012The objective of this research was to investigate the influence of glucose on bovine lactoferrin's (LF) conformation, thermodynamic stability and osteoblastic cell proliferation...
- Lactoferricin mediates anti-inflammatory and anti-catabolic effects via inhibition of IL-1 and LPS activity in the intervertebral discJae Sung Kim
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Biochemistry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Cell Physiol 228:1884-96. 2013....
- Molecular mechanisms of the inhibitory effects of bovine lactoferrin on lipopolysaccharide-mediated osteoclastogenesisToshihiro Inubushi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathobiology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:23527-36. 2012b>Lactoferrin (LF) is an important modulator of the immune response and inflammation. It has also been implicated in the regulation of bone tissue...
- Potent lipolytic activity of lactoferrin in mature adipocytesTomoji Ono
Research and Development Headquarters, Lion Corporation, Odawara, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 77:566-71. 2013b>Lactoferrin (LF) is a multifunctional glycoprotein found in mammalian milk. We have shown in a previous clinical study that enteric-coated bovine LF tablets decreased visceral fat accumulation...
- Expression and characterization of recombinant bovine lactoferrin in E. coliIsui García-Montoya
Laboratorio de Biotecnologia, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua, Circuito 1, Nuevo Campus Universitario, 31125, Chihuahua, Mexico
Biometals 26:113-22. 2013b>Lactoferrin is a member of the transferrin family of iron-binding proteins with a number of properties, including antibacterial activity against a broad spectrum of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms, haplotypes and combined genotypes of lactoferrin gene and their associations with mastitis in Chinese Holstein cattleJinming Huang
Center of Dairy Cattle Research, Shandong Academy of Agricultural Science, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:477-83. 2010b>Lactoferrin (Lf) is naturally produced by the mammary gland, having biological functions of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activities...
- The structural basis for the prevention of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug-induced gastrointestinal tract damage by the C-lobe of bovine colostrum lactoferrinRafia Mir
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Biophys J 97:3178-86. 2009..It was found that the addition of C-terminal half of bovine lactoferrin (C-lobe) reversed the NSAID-induced injuries to the extent of 47-70% whereas the coadministration of C-lobe ..
- Contribution of bovine lactoferrin inter-lobe region to iron binding stability and antimicrobial activity against Staphylococcus aureusXuejing Bai
Key Laboratory of Feed Biotechnology, Ministry of Agriculture, 100081 Beijing, People s Republic of China
Biometals 23:431-9. 2010The investigation of the recombinant bovine lactoferrin-derived antimicrobial protein (rBLfA) demonstrates that the inter-lobe region of bovine lactoferrin contributes to iron binding stability and antimicrobial activity against ..
- Polymorphisms in the bovine lactoferrin promoter are associated with reproductive performance and somatic cell countF O'Halloran
Teagasc, Moorepark Food Research Centre, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
J Dairy Sci 93:1253-9. 2010b>Lactoferrin plays an important role in the innate immune system, with well-characterized antibacterial, antiviral, and immune modulatory properties...
- Charge reversal by salt-induced aggregation in aqueous lactoferrin solutionsIoanna Mela
Unilever Discover, Colworth Science Park, Sharnbrook, Bedford, UK
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 78:53-60. 2010We have observed salt-induced aggregation in lactoferrin solutions using dynamic light scattering (DLS). Aggregates start to form once the ionic strength exceeds 10 mM, and are of opposite charge to their monomer building blocks...
- Lactoferrin induces growth arrest and nuclear accumulation of Smad-2 in HeLa cellsNina Zemann
Medical University of Vienna, Centre for Pathobiochemistry and Genetic, Inst Med Chem, Waehringerstr 10 13, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Biochimie 92:880-4. 2010b>Lactoferrin (Lf) is a multifunctional glycoprotein. Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties and the resulting therapeutical potential, lactoferrin is at present focus of a variety of research areas...
- Evaluation of the protective effect of bovine lactoferrin against lipopolysaccharides in a bovine mammary epithelial cell lineChiara Pecorini
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Veterinarie per la Sicurezza Alimentare, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 10, Milan, Italy
Vet Res Commun 34:267-76. 2010b>Lactoferrin (Lf) is a non-haem iron-binding glycoprotein with a molecular weight of about 80 kDa, synthesized by glandular epithelial cells and stored in the secondary granules of neutrophils...
- Bovine lactoferrin interacts with cable pili of Burkholderia cenocepaciaMaria Grazia Ammendolia
Department of Technology and Health, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Biometals 23:531-42. 2010In this study we evaluated the ability of lactoferrin, the most abundant antimicrobial protein in airway secretions, to bind the surface structures of a Burkholderia strain cystic fibrosis-isolated...
- Structural and binding studies of C-terminal half (C-lobe) of lactoferrin protein with COX-2-specific non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)Rafia Mir
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 500:196-202. 2010..In order to minimize these side effects, C-terminal half (C-lobe) of colostrum protein lactoferrin has been indicated to be useful if co-administered with NSAIDs...
- Molecular evidence of stereo-specific lactoferrin dimers in solutionBjörn A Persson
Department of Theoretical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
Biophys Chem 151:187-9. 2010Gathering experimental evidence suggests that bovine as well as human lactoferrin self-associate in aqueous solution. Still, a molecular level explanation is unavailable...
- Lactoferrin promotes hyaluronan synthesis in human dermal fibroblastsShinichi Saito
Functional Biomolecules Research Team, National Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, 2 Ikenodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 0901, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 33:33-9. 2011Bovine lactoferrin (BLF) enhanced production of hyaluronan in normal human dermal fibroblasts. The elevation of hyaluronan was accompanied by elevation of HAS2 (hyaluronan synthase 2) mRNA transcription and HAS2 protein expression...
- Recognition roles of the carbohydrate glycotopes of human and bovine lactoferrins in lectin-N-glycan interactionsMeng Hsiu Yen
Glyco Immunochemistry Research Labortory, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1810:139-49. 2011b>Lactoferrin is an iron-binding protein belonging to the transferrin family. In addition to iron homeostasis, lactoferrin is also thought to have anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer activities...
- Bovine lactoferrin improves bone status of ovariectomized mice via immune function modulationArnaud Malet
AgroParisTech, UMR914 Nutrition Physiology and Ingestive Behavior, Paris, France
Bone 48:1028-35. 2011We have previously shown that bovine lactoferrin (bLF) supplementation can have a beneficial effect on postmenopausal bone loss by modulating bone formation and resorption...
- CD209/DC-SIGN mediates efficient infection of monocyte-derived dendritic cells by clinical adenovirus 2C isolates in the presence of bovine lactoferrinPatrick S Günther
Institut für Medizinische Virologie und Epidemiologie der Viruserkrankungen, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Gen Virol 92:1754-9. 2011..We show that the antiviral protein bovine lactoferrin enhances infection of monocyte-derived dendritic cells (MDDC) by adenovirus species C serotype 2 (2C) isolates...
- Bovine lactoferrin counteracts Toll-like receptor mediated activation signals in antigen presenting cellsPatrizia Puddu
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e22504. 2011b>Lactoferrin (LF), a key element in mammalian immune system, plays pivotal roles in host defence against infection and excessive inflammation...
- Bovine lactoferrin region responsible for binding to bifidobacterial cell surface proteinsMorshedur Rahman
Laboratory of Dairy Food Science, Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, W 9, N 9, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 31:863-8. 2009Bovine lactoferrin promotes bifidobacterial growth. Its binding to bifidobacteria is thought to be responsible for such action...
- Consistency of SINE insertion topology and flanking sequence tree: quantifying relationships among cetartiodactylsJ K Lum
Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo, Japan Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 17:1417-24. 2000..Sequence simulations suggest that this rate heterogeneity may be an artifact resulting from the inaccuracies of the substitution model used...
- 1H NMR relaxometric characterization of bovine lactoferrinMauro Fasano
Dipartimento di Biologia Strutturale e Funzionale, Universita dell Insubria, Via Alberto da Giussano 12, I 21052 Busto Arsizio VA, Italy
J Inorg Biochem 98:1421-6. 2004b>Lactoferrin (Lf) is a mammalian iron binding protein present in external secretions and in polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Its role in host defense mechanisms related to the non-immune defense system has been definitively established...
- Lactoferrin promotes bone growthJ Cornish
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Biometals 17:331-5. 2004We have demonstrated bovine or human lactoferrin to be an anabolic factor in skeletal tissue...
- Both lactoferrin and iron influence aggregation and biofilm formation in Streptococcus mutansFrancesca Berlutti
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Biometals 17:271-8. 2004..that trace metals, including iron, can be associated with dental caries, the function of salivary iron and lactoferrin in the human oral cavity remains unclear...
- Proteolytic activity of bovine lactoferrinMaria Teresa Massucci
Dipartimento di Biologia di Base ed Applicata, Universita di L Aquila, Coppito, 67010, L Aquila, Italy
Biometals 17:249-55. 2004Bovine lactoferrin catalyzes the hydrolysis of synthetic substrates (i.e., Z-aminoacyl-7-amido-4-methylcoumarin)...
- Lactoferrin is a potent regulator of bone cell activity and increases bone formation in vivoJillian Cornish
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1001, New Zealand
Endocrinology 145:4366-74. 2004b>Lactoferrin is an iron-binding glycoprotein present in epithelial secretions, such as milk, and in the secondary granules of neutrophils...
- Antibacterial effect of bovine lactoferrin against udder pathogensT Kutila
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Helsinki, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 44:35-42. 2003The antibacterial effect of lactoferrin (Lf) was tested on isolates of Escherichia coli (E. coli), Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), and coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) as well as on Pseudomonas aeruginosa (P...
- Identification of a lactoferrin-derived peptide possessing binding activity to hepatitis C virus E2 envelope proteinAkito Nozaki
Department of Molecular Biology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:10162-73. 2003..These results led us to consider the development of an effective anti-HCV peptide. This is the first identification of a natural protein-derived peptide that specifically binds to HCV E2 protein and prevents HCV infection...
- A peptide domain of bovine milk lactoferrin inhibits the interaction between streptococcal surface protein antigen and a salivary agglutinin peptide domainTakahiko Oho
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Kyushu University Faculty of Dental Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Infect Immun 72:6181-4. 2004..responsible for its interaction with cell surface protein antigen (PAc) of Streptococcus mutans or bovine lactoferrin was found in the same peptide, scavenger receptor cysteine-rich domain peptide 2 (SRCRP2)...
- Three-dimensional solution structure of lactoferricin B, an antimicrobial peptide derived from bovine lactoferrinP M Hwang
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Biochemistry 37:4288-98. 1998..LfcinB is a 25-residue antimicrobial peptide released by pepsin cleavage of lactoferrin, an 80 kDa iron-binding glycoprotein with many immunologically important functions...
- Three-dimensional structure of diferric bovine lactoferrin at 2.8 A resolutionS A Moore
Department of Biochemistry, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Mol Biol 274:222-36. 1997The three-dimensional structure of diferric bovine lactoferrin (bLf) has been determined by X-ray crystallography in order to investigate the factors that influence iron binding and release by transferrins...
- Antibacterial activity in bovine lactoferrin-derived peptidesK S Hoek
Centre for Food Technology, Department of Primary Industries Queensland, Hamilton, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:54-9. 1997Several peptides sharing high sequence homology with lactoferricin B (Lf-cin B) were generated from bovine lactoferrin (Lf) with recombinant chymosin...
- Structure of the bovine lactoferrin-encoding gene and its promoterH M Seyfert
Forschungsinstitut für die Biologie landwirtschaftlicher Nutztiere, Dummerstorf, Germany
Gene 143:265-9. 1994b>Lactoferrin (Lf), a ferric ion (Fe3+)-binding glycoprotein, is found most notably in milk, probably to mediate protection against microbial infection of the mammary gland...
- cDNA and protein sequence of bovine lactoferrinP E Mead
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Nucleic Acids Res 18:7167. 1990
- Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of bovine lactotransferrinA Pierce
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique Unité Mixte de Recherche no 111 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Université des Sciences et Techniques de Lille Flandres Artois, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Eur J Biochem 196:177-84. 1991The screening of a bovine submaxillary gland cDNA library yielded 25 clones coding for bovine lactotransferrin. The nucleotide sequence of the longest insert contained a protein-coding region of 2115 nucleotides and a 3' non-coding region ..
- [Genetic polymorphism in 5'-flanking region of the lactoferrin gene and its associations with mastitis in Chinese Holstein cows]Hong Mei Wang
Dairy Cattle Center of Shandong Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Jinan 250100, China
Yi Chuan 31:393-9. 2009Bovine lactoferrin (LF) is a multifunctional glycoprotein found in milk, which acts mainly as a defense factor in the mammary gland. Polymorphism has been found in the bovine LF gene...
- Characterization of the infection-responsive bovine lactoferrin promoterJiamao Zheng
Lactation and Mammary Gland Biology Group, Department of Animal Science, 213 Terrill Hall, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Gene 353:107-17. 2005The concentration of lactoferrin in bovine milk is dramatically increased in response to infection. The high levels of lactoferrin may have a role in the prevention of microbial infection of the mammary gland...
- Structure of the zinc-saturated C-terminal lobe of bovine lactoferrin at 2.0 A resolutionTalat Jabeen
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110 029, India
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:1107-15. 2005The crystal structure of the zinc-saturated C-terminal lobe of bovine lactoferrin has been determined at 2.0 A resolution using crystals stabilized at pH 3.8...
- Inflammatory effect of cleaved bovine lactoferrin by elastase on staphylococcal mastitisYumiko Komine
Intelligent Cosmos Research Institute Corporation, Sendia, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 68:715-23. 2006Elastase activity and concanavalin A (Con A) low affinity bovine lactoferrin (bLf) molecule were detected in mammary gland secretions (MGSs) from mammary glands (MGs) with clinical staphylococcal mastitis...
- Lactoferrin and bone; structure-activity relationshipsJ Cornish
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019 Auckland, New Zealand
Biochem Cell Biol 84:297-302. 2006..We have previously shown that lactoferrin can promote bone growth...
- Regulation of physiological and pathological Th1 and Th2 responses by lactoferrinRomy Fischer
Unité INRA 914 Physiologie de la Nutrition et du Comportement Alimentaire, Institut National Agronomique Paris Grignon, F75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Biochem Cell Biol 84:303-11. 2006..Finally, Lf may provide protection against Th1- or Th2-induced diseases, such as autoimmune or allergic diseases, through correction of the Th1/Th2 imbalance...
- Lactoferrin ameliorates symptoms of experimental encephalomyelitis in Lewis ratsMichał Zimecki
Department of Experimental Therapy, Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, 53 114 Wrocław, Poland
J Neuroimmunol 182:160-6. 2007b>Lactoferrin (LF) is a multifunctional protein present in secretory fluids of mammals and circulating neutrophils. Beside anti-inflammatory properties, LF was found to inhibit some autoimmune disorders...
- In vitro reconstitution of antimicrobial pathogen activity by expressed recombinant bovine lactoferrin N-terminal peptide in Escherichia coliHongxia Luo
Key Lab of Functional Dairy Science of Beijing and Ministry of Education of China, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China 100083
J Dairy Res 74:233-8. 2007Recombinant bovine lactoferrin N-terminal polypeptide (rbLF-N) Escherichia coli expression system was constructed and the rbLF-N antimicrobial activity was displayed by enzymatic proteolysis in this study...
- Lactoferrin induces concentration-dependent functional modulation of intestinal proliferation and differentiationVittoria Buccigrossi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Utaly
Pediatr Res 61:410-4. 2007Human milk stimulates intestinal development through the effects of various moieties. Lactoferrin (LF) is a glycoprotein of human milk whose concentration is highest in colostrum decreasing in mature milk...
- Bovine lactoferrin potently inhibits liver mitochondrial 8-OHdG levels and retrieves hepatic OGG1 activities in Long-Evans Cinnamon ratsAkihito Tsubota
Institute of Clinical Medicine and Research ICMR, Jikei University School of Medicine, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
J Hepatol 48:486-93. 2008To assess the effect of lactoferrin on oxidative liver damage and its mechanism, we used Long-Evans Cinnamon (LEC) rats that spontaneously develop fulminant-like hepatitis and lethal hepatic failure.
- Lipid interactions of acylated tryptophan-methylated lactoferricin peptides by solid-state NMRDenise Greathouse
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701, USA
J Pept Sci 14:1103-10. 2008..LfB) is a 25-residue innate immunity peptide released by pepsin from the N-terminal region of bovine lactoferrin. A smaller amidated peptide, LfB6 (RRWQWR-NH2) retains antimicrobial activity and is thought to constitute the "..
- Characterisation of single nucleotide polymorphisms identified in the bovine lactoferrin gene sequences across a range of dairy cow breedsF O'Halloran
Teagasc, Moorepark Food Research Centre, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
Biochimie 91:68-75. 2009The lactoferrin gene sequences of 70 unrelated dairy cows representing six different dairy breeds were investigated for single nucleotide polymorphisms to establish a baseline of polymorphisms that exist within the Irish bovine ..
- Bovine lactoferrin inhibits Japanese encephalitis virus by binding to heparan sulfate and receptor for low density lipoproteinYu Jung Chien
Graduate Institute of Veterinary Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Virology 379:143-51. 2008b>Lactoferrin is a natural anti-microbial protein which affects Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) activity...
- Inhibition of HBV infection by bovine lactoferrin and iron-, zinc-saturated lactoferrinSongtao Li
Northeast Agricultural University, 150030, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Med Microbiol Immunol 198:19-25. 2009In this study, we investigated the effect of bovine lactoferrin (BLf), lactoferrin hydrolysate, or iron-, zinc-saturated lactoferrin on hepatitis B virus (HBV)-infected HepG2 cells...
- Genetic analysis of lactoferrin content in bovine milkV M R Arnould
Animal and Microbial Biology Unit, Gembloux Agricultural University, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 92:2151-8. 2009Bovine lactoferrin (LF) is mainly present in milk and shows important physiological and biological functions...
- Thermodynamic characterization of the interactions between the immunoregulatory proteins osteopontin and lactoferrinAaron P Yamniuk
Structural Biology Research Group, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Mol Immunol 46:2395-402. 2009The immunoregulatory proteins osteopontin (OPN) and lactoferrin (LF) are both highly abundant in milk, with a conserved ratio between different mammalian species, suggesting that the role of each protein in infant development may be ..