Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KDR
Description: kinase insert domain receptor
Alias: VEGFR2, flk-1, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2, kinase insert domain receptor (a type III receptor tyrosine kinase), soluble VEGF receptor 2, tyrosine kinase receptor
- Sano M, Hashiba K, Nio Kobayashi J, Okuda K. The luteotrophic function of galectin-1 by binding to the glycans on vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 in bovine luteal cells. J Reprod Dev. 2015;61:439-48 pubmed publisher..The overall findings suggest that galectin-1 plays a role as a survival factor in the bovine CL, possibly by binding to N-glycans on VEGFR-2. ..
- Campos D, Papa P, Marques J, Garbelotti F, Fátima L, Artoni L, et al. Somatic cell nuclear transfer is associated with altered expression of angiogenic factor systems in bovine placentomes at term. Genet Mol Res. 2010;9:309-23 pubmed publisher..Alterations in the expression of VEGF-A and bFGF systems suggest that angiogenic factors are involved in abnormal placental development in cloned gestations, contributing to impaired fetal development and poor survival rates. ..
- Tasaki Y, Nishimura R, Shibaya M, Lee H, Acosta T, Okuda K. Expression of VEGF and its receptors in the bovine endometrium throughout the estrous cycle: effects of VEGF on prostaglandin production in endometrial cells. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:223-9 pubmed..endometrial function locally, in experiment 1, we determined the expression of VEGF, VEGF receptor (VEGFR) 1 and VEGFR2 throughout the estrous cycle in endometrial tissues...
- Gonzalez Pacheco F, Deudero J, Castellanos M, Castilla M, Alvarez Arroyo M, Yagüe S, et al. Mechanisms of endothelial response to oxidative aggression: protective role of autologous VEGF and induction of VEGFR2 by H2O2. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H1395-401 pubmed..Cell viability, VEGF and VEGF receptor (VEGFR1 and VEGFR2) expression, and transcription factor activation were studied on transient exposure of monolayer EC to H2O2...
- Neagoe P, Lemieux C, Sirois M. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A165-induced prostacyclin synthesis requires the activation of VEGF receptor-1 and -2 heterodimer. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9904-12 pubmed..In addition, the binding of VEGF-A(165) to NRP-1 potentiates its capacity to promote PGI(2) synthesis. ..
- Tanimoto T, Jin Z, Berk B. Transactivation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor Flk-1/KDR is involved in sphingosine 1-phosphate-stimulated phosphorylation of Akt and endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42997-3001 pubmed..a family of G-protein-coupled receptors, and fetal liver kinase-1/kinase-insert domain-containing receptor (Flk-1/KDR), one of VEGF receptors, respectively...
- Ortega Serrano P, Guzman A, Hernández Coronado C, Castillo Juarez H, Rosales Torres A. Reduction in the mRNA expression of sVEGFR1 and sVEGFR2 is associated with the selection of dominant follicle in cows. Reprod Domest Anim. 2016;51:985-991 pubmed publisher..The biological effects of VEGF are regulated by two membrane receptors, VEGFR1 and VEGFR2, and two soluble receptors, sVEGFR1 and sVEGFR2, which play an antagonistic role...
- Band M, Larson J, Rebeiz M, Green C, Heyen D, Donovan J, et al. An ordered comparative map of the cattle and human genomes. Genome Res. 2000;10:1359-68 pubmed..c.e. ..
- Sarzani R, Arnaldi G, De Pirro R, Moretti P, Schiaffino S, Rappelli A. A novel endothelial tyrosine kinase cDNA homologous to platelet-derived growth factor receptor cDNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;186:706-14 pubmed..1 kb mRNA with a distinctive tissue distribution. In situ hybridization on rat tissues and Northern analysis of cultured cells indicate that endothelial cells express a novel putative TKr-III mRNA. ..