Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITGB2
Description: integrin subunit beta 2
Alias: CD18, integrin beta-2, CD18 subunit, Leu-CAM receptor, cell surface adhesion glycoproteins LFA-1/CR3/p150,95 subunit beta, complement receptor C3 subunit beta, integrin, beta 2 (antigen CD18 subunit (p95), lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1, integrin B2), integrin, beta 2 (complement component 3 receptor 3 and 4 subunit)
- Nasreen F, Altaf Malik N, Naeem Riaz M, Anver Qureshi J. Detection and screening of bovine leukocyte adhesion deficiency in Pakistan using molecular methods. Hereditas. 2009;146:74-8 pubmed publisher..to infections caused by the lack of a membrane glycoprotein called the leukocyte integrin beta-2 subunit of CD18. The present study was planned to standardize a technique for the diagnosis of BLAD and to get an estimation of ..
- Kriegesmann B, Jansen S, Baumgartner B, Brenig B. Partial genomic structure of the bovine CD18 gene and the refinement of test for bovine leukocyte adhesion deficiency. J Dairy Sci. 1997;80:2547-9 pubmed
- Nagahata H, Higuchi H, Teraoka H, Takahashi K, Takahashi K, Kuwabara M, et al. Decreased apoptosis of beta 2- integrin-deficient bovine neutrophils. Immunol Cell Biol. 2004;82:32-7 pubmed..calves and three calves with leucocyte adhesion deficiency were determined to evaluate the apoptosis of normal and CD18-deficient neutrophils...
- Pate B, White K, Winger Q, Rickords L, Aston K, Sessons B, et al. Specific integrin subunits in bovine oocytes, including novel sequences for alpha 6 and beta 3 subunits. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:600-7 pubmed..The presence of these integrin subunits on the bovine oocyte vitelline membrane supports the hypothesis that sperm-oocyte interactions in the bovine are mediated by integrins. ..
- Dileepan T, Kannan M, Walcheck B, Maheswaran S. Integrin-EGF-3 domain of bovine CD18 is critical for Mannheimia haemolytica leukotoxin species-specific susceptibility. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007;274:67-72 pubmed..to its biological effects resides within amino acid residues 500-600 of the extracellular region of bovine CD18. Experiments were designed to identify a much smaller functional domain within this 100 amino acid region of bovine ..