Genomes and Genes
interleukin 1 beta
Gene Symbol: interleukin 1 beta
Description: interleukin 1 beta
Alias: interleukin-1 beta, IL-1 beta
Products: interleukin 1 beta
- Oviedo Boyso J, Cardoso Correa B, Cajero Juárez M, Bravo Patiño A, Valdez Alarcón J, Baizabal Aguirre V. The capacity of bovine endothelial cells to eliminate intracellular Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis is increased by the proinflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-1beta. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008;54:53-9 pubmed publisher..aureus and S. epidermidis and suggest that endothelial cells may play a prominent role in the defense against infections caused by these bacteria. ..
- Leong S, Flaggs G, Lawman M, Gray P. The nucleotide sequence for the cDNA of bovine interleukin-1 beta. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:9054 pubmed
- Sohn E, Paape M, Connor E, Bannerman D, Fetterer R, Peters R. Bacterial lipopolysaccharide stimulates bovine neutrophil production of TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-12 and IFN-gamma. Vet Res. 2007;38:809-18 pubmed
- Wilson C, Palmer A, Zuo F, Eugui E, Wilson S, Mackenzie R, et al. Selective and non-selective metalloproteinase inhibitors reduce IL-1-induced cartilage degradation and loss of mechanical properties. Matrix Biol. 2007;26:259-68 pubmed..The data suggest that non-metalloproteinase mechanisms participate in IL-1-induced matrix degradation and loss of tissue material properties. ..
- Caroprese M, Albenzio M, Annicchiarico G, Sevi A. Changes occurring in immune responsiveness of single- and twin-bearing Comisana ewes during the transition period. J Dairy Sci. 2006;89:562-8 pubmed..In contrast, a relationship was found for the IgG secretions in milk and blood, which suggests that the assessment of humoral immune status may be combined with milking routine in dairy animals. ..
- Hussen J, D vel A, Koy M, Schuberth H. Inflammasome activation in bovine monocytes by extracellular ATP does not require the purinergic receptor P2X7. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;38:312-20 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that ROS generation plays no role in the ATP-induced activation of inflammasome in bovine monocytes and that P2X7-mediated pore formation is not necessary for the release of Interleukin-1?...
- Heaton M, Harhay G, Bennett G, Stone R, Grosse W, Casas E, et al. Selection and use of SNP markers for animal identification and paternity analysis in U.S. beef cattle. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:272-81 pubmed..Knowledge of these additional sites, together with the 32 target SNPs, allows the design of robust, accurate genotype assays on a variety of high-throughput SNP genotyping platforms. ..
- Nishimura R, Bowolaksono A, Acosta T, Murakami S, Piotrowska K, Skarzynski D, et al. Possible role of interleukin-1 in the regulation of bovine corpus luteum throughout the luteal phase. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1688-93 pubmed