Genomes and Genes
insulin like growth factor 1 receptor
Gene Symbol: insulin like growth factor 1 receptor
Description: insulin like growth factor 1 receptor
Alias: IGFR1, insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor, IGF-I receptor, insulin-like growth factor I receptor, insulin-like growth factor receptor type 1
Products: insulin like growth factor 1 receptor
- Dehoff M, Elgin R, Collier R, Clemmons D. Both type I and II insulin-like growth factor receptor binding increase during lactogenesis in bovine mammary tissue. Endocrinology. 1988;122:2412-7 pubmed..Lactation may be associated with structural changes in the type I receptor. These changes in receptor distribution could play a role in modulating the physiological effects of the IGFs on mammary tissue. ..
- De Brun V, Meikle A, Casal A, Sequeira M, Contreras SolÃs I, Carriquiry M, et al. Periconceptional undernutrition modifies endocrine profiles and hepatic gene expression in sheep. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). 2015;99:710-8 pubmed publisher..This study shows that undernutrition modifies endocrine profiles and hepatic gene expression of IGFBP2 and 5. The pregnancy status increased hepatic gene expression of IGFBP4 and ADIPOR2 mRNA in undernourished ewes. ..
- Szewczuk M, Zych S, Wojcik J, Czerniawska Piatkowska E. Association of two SNPs in the coding region of the insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF1R) gene with growth-related traits in Angus cattle. J Appl Genet. 2013;54:305-8 pubmed publisher..05). To our knowledge, this is the first report of a polymorphism within the coding region of the Bos taurus IGF1R gene. ..
- Akis I, Oztabak K, Gonulalp I, Mengi A, Un C. IGF-1 and IGF-1r gene polymorphisms in East Anatolian Red and South Anatolian Red cattle breeds. Genetika. 2010;46:497-501 pubmed..determine the allele and genotype frequencies of the Insulin like growth factor 1 gene (IGF-1) and Insulin like growth factor 1 receptor gene (IGF-1R) polymorphisms in East Anatolian (EAR) and South Anatolian Red cattle (SAR)...
- Kamanga Sollo E, White M, Hathaway M, Chung K, Johnson B, Dayton W. Roles of IGF-I and the estrogen, androgen and IGF-I receptors in estradiol-17beta- and trenbolone acetate-stimulated proliferation of cultured bovine satellite cells. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2008;35:88-97 pubmed publisher..05) E2- and TBA-stimulated proliferation of cultured BSC. Our data suggest that IGF-I plays a role in E2- and TBA-stimulated proliferation of cultured BSC even in the absence of increased IGF-I expression. ..
- Marsters P, Kendall N, Campbell B. Temporal relationships between FSH receptor, type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor, and aromatase expression during FSH-induced differentiation of bovine granulosa cells maintained in serum-free culture. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;203:117-27 pubmed..Re-establishment of cell-cell communications in the presence of FSH and IGF results in receptor up-regulation and induction of cellular differentiation. ..
- Szewczuk M. Polymorphism in exon 2 encoding the putative ligand binding pocket of the bovine insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor affects milk traits in four different cattle breeds. J Anim Breed Genet. 2017;134:34-42 pubmed publisher..Further investigations should follow searching for the most useful IGF1R haplotypes, associated with higher milk production traits, exerting at the same time positive or neutral impact on health and welfare of individuals. ..
- Siddals K, Allen J, Sinha S, Canfield A, Kalra P, Gibson J. Apposite insulin-like growth factor (IGF) receptor glycosylation is critical to the maintenance of vascular smooth muscle phenotype in the presence of factors promoting osteogenic differentiation and mineralization. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16623-30 pubmed publisher..IGF-I thus occupies a critical position in the maintenance of normal VSMC phenotype and protection from factors known to stimulate vascular calcification...
- Li G, Barrett E, Ko S, Cao W, Liu Z. Insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I receptors differentially mediate insulin-stimulated adhesion molecule production by endothelial cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:3475-82 pubmed publisher..Dual-receptor activation may most effectively contribute to the pathogenesis of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- Yoon D, Fisher J. Effects of exogenous IGF-1 delivery on the early expression of IGF-1 signaling molecules by alginate embedded chondrocytes. Tissue Eng Part A. 2008;14:1263-73 pubmed publisher..Overall, results indicate that exogenous IGF-1 delivery does affect signaling molecule expression by chondrocytes embedded in alginate hydrogels, particularly downregulating the delivered signal while upregulating its receptor. ..
- RodrÃguez F, Colombero M, Amweg A, Huber E, Gareis N, Salvetti N, et al. Involvement of PAPP-A and IGFR1 in Cystic Ovarian Disease in Cattle. Reprod Domest Anim. 2015;50:659-68 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine IGFR1 and PAPP-A expression both in follicles at different stages of development and in cysts, to evaluate the roles in ..
- Velazquez M, Hermann D, Kues W, Niemann H. Increased apoptosis in bovine blastocysts exposed to high levels of IGF1 is not associated with downregulation of the IGF1 receptor. Reproduction. 2011;141:91-103 pubmed publisher..This in vitro system with the bovine preimplantation embryo reflects critical features of fertility in PCOS patients and could thus serve as a useful model for in-depth mechanistic studies. ..
- Micke G, Sullivan T, McMillen I, Gentili S, Perry V. Protein intake during gestation affects postnatal bovine skeletal muscle growth and relative expression of IGF1, IGF1R, IGF2 and IGF2R. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;332:234-41 pubmed publisher..Changes to expression of IGF genes in progeny skeletal muscle resulting from variations to maternal protein intake during gestation may have permanent and sex-specific effect on postnatal skeletal muscle growth. ..
- Wang L, Feng H, Ma Y, Cang M, Li H, Yan Z, et al. Expression of IGF receptors and its ligands in bovine oocytes and preimplantation embryos. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;114:99-108 pubmed publisher..0% versus 19.2%; p<0.05). It was concluded that supplementation of in vitro maturation or culture media with IGF-II affects the development of bovine embryos and could be used to improve in vitro embryo production. ..