Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL10
Description: interleukin 10
Alias: interleukin-10, CSIF, IL-10, cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
- Goff W, Johnson W, Parish S, Barrington G, Elsasser T, Davis W, et al. IL-4 and IL-10 inhibition of IFN-gamma- and TNF-alpha-dependent nitric oxide production from bovine mononuclear phagocytes exposed to Babesia bovis merozoites. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2002;84:237-51 pubmed..However, while merozoites plus IFN-gamma induced TNF-alpha mRNA expression in MDM, NO was not produced. Both IL-4 and IL-10 inhibited expression of iNOS and production of NO in merozoite-stimulated monocytes...
- Vieira P, de Waal Malefyt R, Dang M, Johnson K, Kastelein R, Fiorentino D, et al. Isolation and expression of human cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor cDNA clones: homology to Epstein-Barr virus open reading frame BCRFI. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:1172-6 pubmedWe have demonstrated the existence of human cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor (CSIF) [interleukin 10 (IL-10)]. cDNA clones encoding human IL-10 (hIL-10) were isolated from a tetanus toxin-specific human T-cell clone...
- Moore K, de Waal Malefyt R, Coffman R, O GARRA A. Interleukin-10 and the interleukin-10 receptor. Annu Rev Immunol. 2001;19:683-765 pubmed..This review highlights findings that have advanced our understanding of IL-10 and its receptor, as well as its in vivo function in health and disease...
- Weiss D, Evanson O, Souza C. Expression of interleukin-10 and suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 associated with susceptibility of cattle to infection with Mycobacterium avium subsp paratuberculosis. Am J Vet Res. 2005;66:1114-20 pubmed
- Taga K, Cherney B, Tosato G. IL-10 inhibits apoptotic cell death in human T cells starved of IL-2. Int Immunol. 1993;5:1599-608 pubmed..Thus, another property of IL-10 is to promote the survival of IL-2-dependent T cells otherwise destined to die by apoptosis. ..
- Taga K, Mostowski H, Tosato G. Human interleukin-10 can directly inhibit T-cell growth. Blood. 1993;81:2964-71 pubmed..Secretion of IL-2 under these conditions was inhibited by IL-10 (51.5% inhibition). Thus, IL-10 can directly inhibit growth and IL-2 production in T cells triggered by immobilized OKT3 MoAb in the absence of monocytes. ..
- O Farrell A, Liu Y, Moore K, Mui A. IL-10 inhibits macrophage activation and proliferation by distinct signaling mechanisms: evidence for Stat3-dependent and -independent pathways. EMBO J. 1998;17:1006-18 pubmed..Thus signals mediating both anti-proliferative and macrophage de-activation responses to IL-10 require the two membrane-distal tyrosines of IL-10R, but Stat3 appears to function only in the anti-proliferative response. ..
- Kwong L, Hope J, Thom M, Sopp P, Duggan S, Bembridge G, et al. Development of an ELISA for bovine IL-10. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2002;85:213-23 pubmed
- Peli A, Luciani A, De Santis P, Polci A, Britti D. Quantitation of the cytokines TNF-alpha, IL-8 and IL-10 in bovine milk using real-time TaqMan PCR. Vet Res Commun. 2004;28 Suppl 1:359-62 pubmed
- Shirasuna K, Matsumoto H, Kobayashi E, Nitta A, Haneda S, Matsui M, et al. Upregulation of interferon-stimulated genes and interleukin-10 in peripheral blood immune cells during early pregnancy in dairy cows. J Reprod Dev. 2012;58:84-90 pubmed..The results suggest that ISGs and IL-10 could be responsive to IFNT before the MRP in peripheral blood immune cells and may be useful target genes for reliable indices of pregnancy before the MRP. ..
- Zuśka Prot M, Maslanka T, Jasiecka A, Jaroszewski J. Prostaglandin E2 inhibits IL-10 production by bovine CD4+ T cells. Pol J Vet Sci. 2014;17:511-3 pubmed
- Hash S, Brown W, Rice Ficht A. Characterization of a cDNA encoding bovine interleukin 10: kinetics of expression in bovine lymphocytes. Gene. 1994;139:257-61 pubmedA cDNA encoding bovine interleukin 10 (IL10) was cloned and sequenced using total cellular RNA derived from concanavalin A (ConA)-stimulated peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC)...
- Fluckiger A, Garrone P, Durand I, Galizzi J, Banchereau J. Interleukin 10 (IL-10) upregulates functional high affinity IL-2 receptors on normal and leukemic B lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 1993;178:1473-81 pubmedb>Interleukin 10 (IL-10) has recently been shown to induce normal human B lymphocytes to proliferate and differentiate into immunoglobulin (Ig)-secreting cells...
- Raychaudhuri B, Fisher C, Farver C, Malur A, Drazba J, Kavuru M, et al. Interleukin 10 (IL-10)-mediated inhibition of inflammatory cytokine production by human alveolar macrophages. Cytokine. 2000;12:1348-55 pubmed..These observations provide the first evidence that IL-10 antagonizes cytokine transcription in human alveolar macrophages by impeding the nuclear translocation of NF-kappa B by delaying the degradation of I kappa B. ..