Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IFNG
Description: interferon gamma
Alias: interferon gamma, IFN-gamma, boIFNG, interferon gamma type 2
- Farias M, Lendez P, Marin M, Quintana S, MartÃnez Cuesta L, Ceriani M, et al. Toll-like receptors, IFN-Î³ and IL-12 expression in bovine leukemia virus-infected animals with low or high proviral load. Res Vet Sci. 2016;107:190-195 pubmed publisher..Further studies on different subpopulations of immune cells may help clarify their role in response to BLV and its consequences on viral dissemination. ..
- BOOTH J, Griebel P, Babiuk L, Mutwiri G. A novel regulatory B-cell population in sheep Peyer's patches spontaneously secretes IL-10 and downregulates TLR9-induced IFNalpha responses. Mucosal Immunol. 2009;2:265-75 pubmed publisher..These IL-10-secreting PP B cells may represent a novel subset of the recently proposed regulatory B cells (B(regs)) in the intestine. ..
- Cerretti D, McKereghan K, Larsen A, Cosman D, Gillis S, Baker P. Cloning, sequence, and expression of bovine interferon-gamma. J Immunol. 1986;136:4561-4 pubmed..w. of 16,858. It has an amino acid homology of 63% with human IFN-gamma, and 47% with murine IFN-gamma. Biologically active bovine IFN-gamma was synthesized in an Escherichia coli expression system. ..
- Abe H, Sakumoto R, Okuda K. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases in bovine luteal cells induced by prostaglandin F2Î±, interferon Î³ and tumor necrosis factor Î±. J Reprod Dev. 2015;61:277-86 pubmed publisher..is regulated by luteolytic factors, we investigated the effects of prostaglandin F2Î± (PGF), interferon Î³ (IFNG) and tumor necrosis factor Î± (TNF) on the mRNA expression of MMPs and TIMPs in cultured luteal cells...
- Gonzalez Gay M, Hajeer A, Dababneh A, Garcia Porrua C, Amoli M, Llorca J, et al. Interferon-gamma gene microsatellite polymorphisms in patients with biopsy-proven giant cell arteritis and isolated polymyalgia rheumatica. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2004;22:S18-20 pubmed..this study we have examined the potential association of a CA repeat polymorphism in the first intron of the interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) gene with disease susceptibility and clinical expression of these conditions...
- Randal M, Kossiakoff A. The 2.0 A structure of bovine interferon-gamma; assessment of the structural differences between species. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:14-24 pubmed..1992), Faraday Discuss. 93, 25-34]. The resulting statistical scoring indicated that BOV was consistent with expected criteria for a 2.0 A structure, whereas both 1rfb and 2rig fell below acceptable criteria. ..
- Samudzi C, Rubin J. Structure of recombinant bovine interferon-gamma at 3.0 A resolution. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 1993;49:513-21 pubmed..These structural similarities strongly indicate the presence of a unique topological feature (fold) among gamma-interferons from different species, and also among the different classes of interferons. ..
- Pinedo P, Buergelt C, Donovan G, Melendez P, Morel L, Wu R, et al. Candidate gene polymorphisms (BoIFNG, TLR4, SLC11A1) as risk factors for paratuberculosis infection in cattle. Prev Vet Med. 2009;91:189-96 pubmed publisher..b>Interferon gamma is an inducible cytokine with a crucial role in the innate host response to intracellular bacteria...
- Mohana Subramanian B, Senthuran S, Dhinakar Raj G, Tirumurugaan K, Thiagarajan D. Difference in the level of interferon gamma mRNA transcripts on stimulation of cattle and buffalo mononuclear cells with foot and mouth disease virus-antigen: a possible role of sequence variation in promoter region. Res Vet Sci. 2011;90:55-8 pubmed publisher..to compare the mitogen (conA) or antigen (foot and mouth disease virus) induced expression levels of interferon gamma (IFN-? mRNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) by real-time quantitative PCR...
- Toka F, Kenney M, Golde W. Rapid and transient activation of ?? T cells to IFN-? production, NK cell-like killing, and antigen processing during acute virus infection. J Immunol. 2011;186:4853-61 pubmed publisher..However, these results are unique in that all these functions are detected in the same samples of WC1(+) ?? T cells, suggesting a pivotal role of these cells in controlling virus infection...
- Paibomesai M, Hussey B, Nino Soto M, Mallard B. Effects of parturition and dexamethasone on DNA methylation patterns of IFN-? and IL-4 promoters in CD4+ T-lymphocytes of Holstein dairy cows. Can J Vet Res. 2013;77:54-62 pubmed..with ConA alone or ConA plus dexamethasone (Dex) had significant effects on production of the cytokines interferon gamma (IFN-?, type 1) and interleukin 4 (IL-4, type 2) that were consistent with DNA methylation profiles of the ..
- Li C, Tan Y, Chen Y, Hu Q, Yan Z, Qin B, et al. [Preparation antibodies against recombinant bovine IFN-gamma and development of sandwich ELISA for bovine IFN-gamma detection]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2007;23:40-5 pubmed..The results indicated that the sensitivity was 2ng/mL. This sandwich ELISA to detect BovIFN-gamma paved the way to develop a sensitive method for specific infection detection such as bovine tuberculosis diagnosis. ..
- Caroprese M, Albenzio M, Annicchiarico G, Sevi A. Changes occurring in immune responsiveness of single- and twin-bearing Comisana ewes during the transition period. J Dairy Sci. 2006;89:562-8 pubmed..In contrast, a relationship was found for the IgG secretions in milk and blood, which suggests that the assessment of humoral immune status may be combined with milking routine in dairy animals. ..
- Gradoboeva A, Padkina M. [Nuclear localization sequence of bovine gamma-interferon provides translocation of recombinant protein to yeast Pichia pastoris cell nucleus]. Tsitologiia. 2010;52:863-8 pubmed..In this study, it was shown that NLS of bovine gamma-interferon functions in yeast Pichia pastoris cells. The absence of the C-terminal NLS of bovine gamma-interferon leads to cytoplasmic localization of the recombinant protein. ..
- Verschoor C, Pant S, Biggar G, Schenkel F, Sharma B, Karrow N. Identification of SNPs in interferon gamma, interleukin-22, and their receptors and associations with health and production-related traits in Canadian Holstein bulls. Anim Biotechnol. 2011;22:7-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in the following study, the genes coding interferon gamma (IFNG), IFNG receptor 1 and 2 domains, interleukin-22 (IL22), and IL22 receptor alpha 1, were investigated ..
- Maryam J, Babar M, Nadeem A, Hussain T. Genetic variants in interferon gamma (IFN-?) gene are associated with resistance against ticks in Bos taurus and Bos indicus. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:4565-70 pubmed publisher..Genetic markers identified in this study can be useful in future breeding selection programs against tick resistance...
- Pérez Rodríguez R, Roncero C, Oliván A, González M, Oset Gasque M. Signaling mechanisms of interferon gamma induced apoptosis in chromaffin cells: involvement of nNOS, iNOS, and NFkappaB. J Neurochem. 2009;108:1083-96 pubmed publisher..inducible NOS (iNOS) and neuronal NOS (nNOS), and their particular participation in cell death induced by interferon gamma (IFNgamma). Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and IFNgamma increase iNOS expression, with no effect on nNOS expression...
- Sohn E, Paape M, Connor E, Bannerman D, Fetterer R, Peters R. Bacterial lipopolysaccharide stimulates bovine neutrophil production of TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-12 and IFN-gamma. Vet Res. 2007;38:809-18 pubmed
- Chong W, Ip W, Tso G, Ng M, Wong W, Law H, et al. The interferon gamma gene polymorphism +874 A/T is associated with severe acute respiratory syndrome. BMC Infect Dis. 2006;6:82 pubmed..35-4.88) increased risk of developing SARS respectively. The polymorphisms of IL-10 and TNF-alpha were not associated with SARS susceptibility. IFN-gamma +874A allele was shown to be a risk factor in SARS susceptibility. ..
- Grosse W, Kappes S, Laegreid W, Keele J, Chitko McKown C, Heaton M. Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) discovery and linkage mapping of bovine cytokine genes. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:1062-9 pubmed..The polymorphic nature of these SNP haplotype markers suggests that they will be useful for mapping complex traits in cattle, such as resistance to infectious disease. ..