Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IFNG
Description: interferon, gamma
Alias: IFN-gamma, boIFNG, interferon gamma, interferon gamma type 2, interferon-gamma
- Augmentation of secreted and intracellular gamma interferon following johnin purified protein derivative sensitization of cows naturally infected with Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosisJudith R Stabel
USDA ARS, National Animal Disease Center, 2300 Dayton Rd, Ames, IA 50010, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 19:43-51. 2007..In addition, CD8+ lymphocytes appear to play an important role as a mediator of M. paratuberculosis infection in naturally exposed cattle...
- Cloning, sequence, and expression of bovine interferon-gammaD P Cerretti
J Immunol 136:4561-4. 1986..w. of 16,858. It has an amino acid homology of 63% with human IFN-gamma, and 47% with murine IFN-gamma. Biologically active bovine IFN-gamma was synthesized in an Escherichia coli expression system...
- Vaccination of cattle with Danish and Pasteur strains of Mycobacterium bovis BCG induce different levels of IFNgamma post-vaccination, but induce similar levels of protection against bovine tuberculosisD Neil Wedlock
AgResearch, Wallaceville Animal Research Centre, Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 118:50-8. 2007..The results also show that post-vaccination antigen-specific IFN-gamma levels in whole blood is not always a reliable indicator of protection against a subsequent virulent challenge...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide stimulates bovine neutrophil production of TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-12 and IFN-gammaEun J Sohn
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Vet Res 38:809-18. 2007....
- Signaling mechanisms of interferon gamma induced apoptosis in chromaffin cells: involvement of nNOS, iNOS, and NFkappaBRocío Pérez-Rodríguez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
J Neurochem 108:1083-96. 2009..inducible NOS (iNOS) and neuronal NOS (nNOS), and their particular participation in cell death induced by interferon gamma (IFNgamma). Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and IFNgamma increase iNOS expression, with no effect on nNOS expression...
- Candidate gene polymorphisms (BoIFNG, TLR4, SLC11A1) as risk factors for paratuberculosis infection in cattlePablo J Pinedo
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0136, USA
Prev Vet Med 91:189-96. 2009..b>Interferon gamma is an inducible cytokine with a crucial role in the innate host response to intracellular bacteria...
- Difference in the level of interferon gamma mRNA transcripts on stimulation of cattle and buffalo mononuclear cells with foot and mouth disease virus-antigen: a possible role of sequence variation in promoter regionB Mohana Subramanian
Department of Animal Biotechnology, Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai 600007, India
Res Vet Sci 90:55-8. 2011..to compare the mitogen (conA) or antigen (foot and mouth disease virus) induced expression levels of interferon gamma (IFN-γ mRNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) by real-time quantitative PCR...
- Effects of tumor necrosis factor α and Interferon γ on the viability and mRNA expression of TNF receptor type I in endothelial cells from the bovine corpus luteumTakuo Hojo
Laboratory of Reproductive Endocrinology, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Japan
J Reprod Dev 56:515-9. 2010..We previously reported that a treatment combining tumor necrosis factor α (TNF) and interferon γ (IFNG) induced cell death in LSCs and that LECs express TNF receptor type I (TNFRI)...
- Identification of SNPs in interferon gamma, interleukin-22, and their receptors and associations with health and production-related traits in Canadian Holstein bullsChris P Verschoor
Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock, Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Anim Biotechnol 22:7-15. 2011..Therefore, in the following study, the genes coding interferon gamma (IFNG), IFNG receptor 1 and 2 domains, interleukin-22 (IL22), and IL22 receptor alpha 1, were investigated ..
- [Preparation antibodies against recombinant bovine IFN-gamma and development of sandwich ELISA for bovine IFN-gamma detection]Chuan Li
The State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Wuhan 430070, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 23:40-5. 2007..The results indicated that the sensitivity was 2ng/mL. This sandwich ELISA to detect BovIFN-gamma paved the way to develop a sensitive method for specific infection detection such as bovine tuberculosis diagnosis...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) discovery and linkage mapping of bovine cytokine genesW M Grosse
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Roman L Hruska U S Meat Animal Research Center MARC, P O Box 166, State Spur 18D, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933, USA
Mamm Genome 10:1062-9. 1999..The polymorphic nature of these SNP haplotype markers suggests that they will be useful for mapping complex traits in cattle, such as resistance to infectious disease...
- The 2.0 A structure of bovine interferon-gamma; assessment of the structural differences between speciesM Randal
Graduate Group in Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94000, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 56:14-24. 2000..1992), Faraday Discuss. 93, 25-34]. The resulting statistical scoring indicated that BOV was consistent with expected criteria for a 2.0 A structure, whereas both 1rfb and 2rig fell below acceptable criteria...
- A comprehensive survey for polymorphisms in the bovine IFN-gamma gene reveals a highly polymorphic intronic DNA sequence allowing improved genotyping of BovinaePeter Schmidt
Research Unit of Molecular Biology of the Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:923-34. 2002..Therefore, the entire bovine IFN-gamma gene (BoIFNG) and 2605 bp of its promoter DNA were sequenced...
- Effect of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interferon-gamma on intestinal P-glycoprotein expression, activity, and localization in Caco-2 cellsAnne Marie Belliard
Laboratoire de Physiologie Pharmacie Clinique, UPRES 2706, Faculte de Pharmacie, 5 rue J B Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
J Pharm Sci 93:1524-36. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of TNF alpha and IFN gamma on intestinal Pgp expression, activity, and localization in Caco-2 cells grown on filters...
- Interferon-gamma gene microsatellite polymorphisms in patients with biopsy-proven giant cell arteritis and isolated polymyalgia rheumaticaM A Gonzalez-Gay
Division of Rheumatology, Hospital Xeral Calde, Lugo, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:S18-20. 2004..In this study we have examined the potential association of a CA repeat polymorphism in the first intron of the interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) gene with disease susceptibility and clinical expression of these conditions.
- Longitudinal single-cell cytokine responses reveal recurrent autoimmune myelin reactivity in relapsing--remitting multiple sclerosis patientsI R Moldovan
Department of Neurosciences, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195 0001, USA
Mult Scler 11:251-60. 2005..The majority of patients with gad-enhancing lesions showed PLP/IFN gamma and MBP/IFN gamma recurrent burst responses...
- The interferon gamma gene polymorphism +874 A/T is associated with severe acute respiratory syndromeWai Po Chong
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
BMC Infect Dis 6:82. 2006..Cytokines play important roles in antiviral action. We examined whether polymorphisms of IFN-gamma,TNF-alpha and IL-10 affect the susceptibility to and outcome of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)...
- Rapid and transient activation of γδ T cells to IFN-γ production, NK cell-like killing, and antigen processing during acute virus infectionFelix N Toka
Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Greenport, NY 11944, USA
J Immunol 186:4853-61. 2011..However, these results are unique in that all these functions are detected in the same samples of WC1(+) γδ T cells, suggesting a pivotal role of these cells in controlling virus infection...