Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GNB1
Description: G protein subunit beta 1
Alias: guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(I)/G(S)/G(T) subunit beta-1, guanine nucleotide-binding protein, beta-1 subunit, transducin beta chain 1
- Fong H, Hurley J, Hopkins R, Miake Lye R, Johnson M, Doolittle R, et al. Repetitive segmental structure of the transducin beta subunit: homology with the CDC4 gene and identification of related mRNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986;83:2162-6 pubmed..8 and 2.9 kb in length. These results suggest that the mRNAs are the processed products of a small number of closely related genes or of a single highly complex beta gene. ..
- Threadgill D, Threadgill D, Moll Y, Weiss J, Zhang N, Davey H, et al. Syntenic assignment of human chromosome 1 homologous loci in the bovine. Genomics. 1994;22:626-30 pubmed..feline sarcoma viral (v-fgr) oncogene homolog (FGR), alpha fucosidase (FUCA1), G-protein beta 1 subunit (GNB1), alpha 1A amylase, (AMY1), the neuroblastoma RAS viral (v-ras) oncogene homolog (NRAS), and alpha skeletal actin (..
- Sondek J, Bohm A, Lambright D, Hamm H, Sigler P. Crystal structure of a G-protein beta gamma dimer at 2.1A resolution. Nature. 1996;379:369-74 pubmed..The structure details interactions between G protein beta- and gamma-subunits and highlights regions implicated in effector modulation for the conserved family of G protein beta gamma dimers. ..
- Lodowski D, Pitcher J, Capel W, Lefkowitz R, Tesmer J. Keeping G proteins at bay: a complex between G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 and Gbetagamma. Science. 2003;300:1256-62 pubmed
- Gao Y, Westfield G, Erickson J, Cerione R, Skiniotis G, Ramachandran S. Isolation and structure-function characterization of a signaling-active rhodopsin-G protein complex. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14280-14289 pubmed publisher..The stability and high yield of the purified complex should allow for further efforts toward obtaining a high-resolution structure of this important signaling complex. ..
- Sakihama T, Masuda K, Sato T, Doi T, Kodama T, Hamakubo T. Functional reconstitution of G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated adenylyl cyclase activation by a baculoviral co-display system. J Biotechnol. 2008;135:28-33 pubmed publisher..Since BV is essentially free of endogenous GPCRs, this BV co-display system should prove highly useful for the development of functional assay systems for GPCRs. ..
- Yang P, Homan K, Li Y, Cruz Rodríguez O, Tesmer J, Chen Z. Effect of Lipid Composition on the Membrane Orientation of the G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinase 2-G?1?2 Complex. Biochemistry. 2016;55:2841-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, PIP2 not only helps recruit GRK2 to the membrane but also "fine tunes" the orientation of the GRK2-G?? complex so that it is better positioned to phosphorylate activated GPCRs. ..