Gene Symbol: FDX1
Description: ferredoxin 1
Alias: adrenodoxin, mitochondrial, adrenal ferredoxin, hepato-ferredoxin
- Tanaka M, Haniu M, Yasunobu K, Kimura T. The amino acid sequence of bovine adrenodoxin. J Biol Chem. 1973;248:1141-57 pubmed
- Muller A, Muller J, Muller Y, Uhlmann H, Bernhardt R, Heinemann U. New aspects of electron transfer revealed by the crystal structure of a truncated bovine adrenodoxin, Adx(4-108). Structure. 1998;6:269-80 pubmed..It seems likely that the clearly asymmetric charge distribution on the surface of Adx(4-108) and the resulting strong molecular dipole are involved in electrostatic steering of the interactions with AR and cytochrome P450. ..
- Pikuleva I, Tesh K, Waterman M, Kim Y. The tertiary structure of full-length bovine adrenodoxin suggests functional dimers. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;373:44-55 pubmed..From these results it can be considered that the mechanism of electron transfer is not necessarily the same in different mitochondrial P450 systems. ..
- Beilke D, Weiss R, Lohr F, Pristovsek P, Hannemann F, Bernhardt R, et al. A new electron transport mechanism in mitochondrial steroid hydroxylase systems based on structural changes upon the reduction of adrenodoxin. Biochemistry. 2002;41:7969-78 pubmedThe adrenal ferredoxin (adrenodoxin, Adx) is an acidic 14.4-kDa [2Fe-2S] ferredoxin that belongs to the vertebrate ferredoxin family...
- Zollner A, Nogues I, Heinz A, Medina M, Gomez Moreno C, Bernhardt R. Analysis of the interaction of a hybrid system consisting of bovine adrenodoxin reductase and flavodoxin from the cyanobacterium Anabaena PCC 7119. Bioelectrochemistry. 2004;63:61-5 pubmed..Compared with the corresponding physiological systems the electron transfer is rather slow, probably due to the lack of specificity at the interaction surface. ..
- Skjeldal L, Markley J, Coghlan V, Vickery L. 1H NMR spectra of vertebrate [2Fe-2S] ferredoxins. Hyperfine resonances suggest different electron delocalization patterns from plant ferredoxins. Biochemistry. 1991;30:9078-83 pubmed..B., La Mar, G. N., Banci, L., & Bertini, I. (1990) Biochemistry 29, 2263-2271].(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..