Gene Symbol: FABP4
Description: fatty acid binding protein 4, adipocyte
Alias: A-FABP, AFABP, ALBP, adipocyte lipid-binding protein, adipocyte-type fatty acid-binding protein, fatty acid-binding protein 4, fatty acid-binding protein, adipocyte
- The bovine fatty acid binding protein 4 gene is significantly associated with marbling and subcutaneous fat depth in Wagyu x Limousin F2 crossesJ J Michal
Department of Animal Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6351, USA
Anim Genet 37:400-2. 2006b>Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4), which is expressed in adipose tissue, interacts with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors and binds to hormone-sensitive lipase and therefore, plays an important role in lipid metabolism and ..
- Identification of genetic polymorphisms in FABP3 and FABP4 and putative association with back fat thickness in Korean native cattleSeoae Cho
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, Interdisciplinary Program in Bioinformatics, Department of Statistics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
BMB Rep 41:29-34. 2008..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the beef cattle adipocyte fatty-acid binding protein 3 and 4 (FABP3 and FABP4) genes are associated with carcass weight (CW) and back fat thickness (BF) of beef cattle...
- Mammary derived growth inhibitor is not a distinct protein but a mix of heart-type and adipocyte-type fatty acid-binding proteinB Specht
Department of Biochemistry, University of Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:19943-9. 1996..Taking into account that deviations of the MDGI sequence from the bovine H-FABP sequence correspond with A-FABP we attribute the structure originally reported as MDGI to a mix of these proteins...
- Association between fatty acid compositions and genotypes of FABP4 and LXR-alpha in Japanese black cattleShogo Hoashi
Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Nada, Kobe, Japan
BMC Genet 9:84. 2008..study, we examined the association between polymorphisms of six genes, adipocytes-type fatty acid binding protein (FABP4), liver X receptor alpha (LXRalpha), cytochrome b5 (Cyt b5), long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase (ACSL) 1, ACSL4 and ..
- A splice site single nucleotide polymorphism of the fatty acid binding protein 4 gene appears to be associated with intramuscular fat deposition in longissimus muscle in Australian cattleW Barendse
Cooperative Research Centre for Beef Genetic Technologies, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia 4067, Australia
Anim Genet 40:770-3. 2009b>Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4) is a candidate gene affecting fatness traits of mammals. However, its association with fatness traits in cattle and other livestock species is not consistent from one study to another...
- Genetic polymorphisms of the bovine fatty acid binding protein 4 gene are significantly associated with marbling and carcass weight in Hanwoo (Korean Cattle)S H Lee
Animal Genome and Bioinformatics Division, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA, Suwon 441 701, Korea
Anim Genet 41:442-4. 2010The objective of this study was to investigate an association between polymorphisms in the FABP4 gene and phenotypic variation for marbling and carcass weight (CWT) in a population of Hanwoo steers. We re-sequenced 4...
- Association analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms in DGAT1, TG and FABP4 genes and intramuscular fat in crossbred Bos taurus cattleL Pannier
Teagasc, Ashtown Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Meat Sci 85:515-8. 2010..in the diacylglycerol-O-acyltransferase1 (DGAT1), thyroglobulin (TG) and adipose fatty acid binding protein (FABP4) genes are associated with intramuscular fat (IMF) levels or marbling scores in beef...
- Effect of DNA polymorphisms related to fatty acid composition in adipose tissue of Holstein cattleTakahiro Narukami
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Nada, Japan
Anim Sci J 82:406-11. 2011..of liver X receptor, alpha (LXR), stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD), Fatty acid synthase (FASN), and Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4) on fatty acid composition in intramuscular fat tissue of Holstein steers...