Gene Symbol: DQB
Description: MHC class II antigen
Alias: BoLA-DQB, BoLA-DQB1, DQB, DQB1, OLA-DQB, boLa class II histocompatibility antigen, DQB*0101 beta chain, DQB1*1A, MHC class II OLA-DQ-alpha, boLA-DQB, major histocompatibility complex antigen class II, major histocompatibility complex class II
- Russell G. Sequence duplication at the 3' end of BoLA-DQB genes suggests multiple allelic lineages. Immunogenetics. 2000;52:101-6 pubmedFull-length cDNAs encoding the DQB genes expressed by three BoLA class II haplotypes (DH8A, DH15B, and DH24A) were amplified by reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction, cloned, and sequenced...
- Sigurdardottir S, Borsch C, Gustafsson K, Andersson L. Gene duplications and sequence polymorphism of bovine class II DQB genes. Immunogenetics. 1992;35:205-13 pubmed..Four subtypes of bovine DQB genes were found. DQB1 is the major type and was found in almost all haplotypes...
- Wang K, Sun D, Xu R, Zhang Y. Identification of 19 new BoLA-DQB alleles. Anim Genet. 2005;36:166-7 pubmed
- Norimine J, Brown W. Intrahaplotype and interhaplotype pairing of bovine leukocyte antigen DQA and DQB molecules generate functional DQ molecules important for priming CD4(+) T-lymphocyte responses. Immunogenetics. 2005;57:750-62 pubmedAntigen-specific CD4(+) T-lymphocyte responses are restricted by major histocompatibility complex class II molecules, which influence T-cell priming during infection...
- Stone R, Muggli Cockett N. Nucleotide sequence of the second exon of a BoLA-DQB gene. Anim Genet. 1992;23:273-4 pubmed
- Xu A, Clark T, Teutsch M, Schook L, Lewin H. Sequencing and genetic analysis of a bovine DQB cDNA clone. Anim Genet. 1991;22:381-98 pubmedA BoLA-DQB cDNA clone (BoLA-DQ beta-1) was isolated by screening a bovine lymphoblastoid cDNA library with a HLA-DQB genomic clone. The DNA and predicted protein sequences were compared to class II sequences from cattle and other species...
- Nilsson P, Marsh S, Joosten I, Nieuwland M, Hensen E, Grosfeld Stulemeyer M, et al. The specificity of anti-HLA class II monoclonal antibodies in cattle. Eur J Immunogenet. 1997;24:211-23 pubmed..Screening of the available bovine DRB3 and DQB exon 2 sequences revealed that some of the key amino acid (AA) motifs of these epitopes were present in cattle as ..