Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX4I1
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit 4I1
Alias: COX4, cytochrome c oxidase subunit 4 isoform 1, mitochondrial, COX IV-1, cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide IV, cytochrome c oxydase subunit 4
- Sacher R, Steffens G, Buse G. Studies on cytochrome c oxidase, VI. Polypeptide IV. the complete primary structure. Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem. 1979;360:1385-92 pubmed..Additional specific contacts may result from pairwise formation of salt bridges between ionic groups of the protein and the phospholipids. The function of this component of the terminal oxidase is yet unknown. ..
- Capitanio N, Palese L, Capitanio G, Martino P, Richter O, Ludwig B, et al. Allosteric interactions and proton conducting pathways in proton pumping aa(3) oxidases: heme a as a key coupling element. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:558-66 pubmed publisher..This effect appears to result from alteration of the structural/functional device, closer to the positive, opposite (P) surface, which separates pumped protons from those consumed in the reduction of O(2) to 2 H(2)O...
- Huttemann M, Kadenbach B, Grossman L. Mammalian subunit IV isoforms of cytochrome c oxidase. Gene. 2001;267:111-23 pubmed..The formation of a cysteine bond and the implications for function of these sequence differences for subunit IV, which plays a pivotal role in COX regulation, are discussed. ..
- Fei M, Yamashita E, Inoue N, Yao M, Yamaguchi H, Tsukihara T, et al. X-ray structure of azide-bound fully oxidized cytochrome c oxidase from bovine heart at 2.9 A resolution. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:529-35 pubmed..1995), Nature (London), 376, 660-669], which lacks one of the three imidazole ligands to Cu(B). ..
- Kim Y, Hummer G. Proton-pumping mechanism of cytochrome c oxidase: a kinetic master-equation approach. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:526-36 pubmed publisher..The design principles identified here for cytochrome c oxidase provide a blueprint for novel biology-inspired fuel cells, and the master-equation formulation should prove useful also for other molecular machines. . ..
- Ogura T. Resonance Raman applications in investigations of cytochrome c oxidase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:575-8 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon is due either to the pH effect of mitochondrial matrix, the effect of ?pH and/or ?? across the membrane, or the effect of interactions with other membrane components and/or phospholipids. ..
- Lomax M, Bachman N, Nasoff M, Caruthers M, Grossman L. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone for bovine cytochrome c oxidase subunit IV. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:6295-9 pubmed
- Luo F, Shinzawa Itoh K, Hagimoto K, Shimada A, Shimada S, Yamashita E, et al. Structure of bovine cytochrome c oxidase crystallized at a neutral pH using a fluorinated detergent. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2017;73:416-422 pubmed publisher..The influence of pH on the molecular surface is likely to contribute to the pH dependency of the aerobic oxidation of ferrocytochrome c. ..
- EINARSDOTTIR O, Funatogawa C, Soulimane T, Szundi I. Kinetic studies of the reactions of O(2) and NO with reduced Thermus thermophilus ba(3) and bovine aa(3) using photolabile carriers. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:672-9 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Respiratory Oxidases. ..